The Delavigne Corporation

A Small Detour

I've seen here and there in this forum few posts pointing errors in GG lessons. I didn't find out yet if it is the right place to do so, but I'll venture :

In the scene 4 of 4 of the lesson of which title is above, the dialogue spoken in the audio is also written below, instead of being given in the correction after.

And in related news, you make great fun with this poor Jean Marron, showing him utterly silly, not enough with the awfull french accent so often mocked (I admit it's sometimes true, I know some...) but he is also stupid, doesn't know anything...

28 comments

• Hi Pimpanella, I am sorry for this delayed answer, but as you know, my job at Delavigne is only part time (but well paid, I must say ;) ).
    Indeed, Jean Marron is stupid and our initial script wanted him to behave that way. As you know, in California, we hate camembert, foie gras and french wines. I'm sure Jean wears a basque beret on top of his head :)
  • Nicname error...again
    Hi Pimpanella, I am sorry for this delayed answer, but as you know, my job at Delavigne is only part time (but well paid, I must say ;) ).
    Indeed, Jean Marron is stupid and our initial script wanted him to behave that way. As you know, in California, we hate camembert, foie gras and french wines. I'm sure Jean wears a basque beret on top of his head :) Donna
  • Wait wait wait...
    Who is anwswering me, εBrain or Donna ?
    Is it Dona who works part time for Delavigne, as you say I should know ? (Oh yes, docteur Donna Donovan ! sorry I'm a bit slow today)
    And why do you play with nicknames, Donna ?
  • Hi Pimpanella,

In response to your first comment, we do sometimes provide the transcription of audio tests in the lesson rather than in the correction email. This is only the case for particularly difficult lessons and also depends on your level. So it is not a mistake - don't worry!

Best wishes,

Sam
  • Thank you Sammy, it's ok if it's deliberate. I won't worry anymore ;)
    It was the first time I had the transcription of the audio with the lesson, that's why I wondered.
  • Yes, my Dear, this is Donna, Dr Donna Donovan, Psychiatrist, Therapist and Typologist (typologist not typist… As you will see ;) ).

Why do I play with nicknames ? Well, it’s a long story, but, as this forum is going to be a wreck soon or later :( , I can tell you exactly what happened :( :(.

You know Bruno hired me as a Staff Psychologist. At that time nearly everybody at Delavigne would come and have a little chat with me or even, long sessions on my therapeutic couch. I can confess it now, I offered a glass of Chardonnay (Californian Chardonnay , of course, no European piquette) as an icebreaker, just to help them start speaking. At that time Philip would say to me : “Donna you’re such a gorgeous woman” :) .

But now these days are over : gradually staff members don't even stop at my office. At the end of the afternoon my bottle is empty :( and I have spent my time on the net : a total "net and chardonnay" addiction :( . I used so many nicknames in so many forums… At first, I wanted to be myself, a bright Expert on the net, but soon they laughed in my face. Then I became someone else, the opposite of my own personality : a young man with small brain… It was easier to survive and have fun.

One day I found a new topic on the forum : “why is Jean Marron so stupid ?”, that is a very clever remark. I wanted to answer as Donna the Expert, not as εBrain. My fingers crossed on the keyboard, I was still εBrain and not Donna... Horrible mistake… Annus horribilis… :( Now I need a therapy.
  • Hi, Donna-εBrain !
    I had a dream last day, I should rather call it a nightmare : I was thinking about Epsilon, Donna, and suddenly the truth burst before me :
    I was the only one real gg-learner in this forum, and someone of the Gymglish staff, with a few different nicknames, like Spoiler, Fugendichter, AhQ, Gwendy, Sammy B too ? no not him ! and of course Douglas Kennedy, was making it all.

All were playing the Truman show for me !
    Pretending to be fellow-learners, arguing and dicussing and answering to questions they were asking themselves, and saying that in the good old days the forum used to be more busy and attended (sure, it was to much a job for a single man or woman, so now he or she only used 7 nicknames, and pretended that this forum was drying up)

I had much of imagination for once, I said to myself ;)
    Still, it is not that bad, but I feel disapointed and unnerve for I appreciated EpsilonBrain, and now I know that he's not a real person, just a character :(
  • Yes, yes, most of them are creatures generated by funky people ;) . I'll tell you what I do believe, but I am ready to change my mind : Spoiler (and other car part nicknames), Fugendichter, AhQ, Gwendy ... are GG leaners, Epsilon brain is a has been, Sammy B (aka Sam...), Helen, Andrew and Antoine are GG staff members... and I am the everlasting Dr Donna Donovan eager to keep the ball rolling on a wrecking ship.
  • "Spoiler" is not meant as a car part- it is meant in the original sense of "spoiling something". (Ironically meaning, of course). Maybe I spoil the jibber-jabber- or something else.

When I came up with my nickname, I didn't think of the bumper bar appliances at the front of the car, which mostly young men use because they think it would adorn their jalopies. Actually, I loath "spoilers". And I loath pimping one's car.

Please sign in to leave a comment.