Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

How to improve my vocabulary score ?

Here is a post I made several months ago, and nothing changed.

"My current general level is 5.5 (started [in January] at 5.0). I have reached 5.5 for all levels, except vocabulary, as I was and still am at 3.0...
I'd like to know how to increase this one !
As I read a lot, my reading comprehension is correct, and grammar as well (as a result).
I don't stop for many words, so it seems vocabulary is better than that 3.0. I don't understand how it's calculated... Do we need to make mistakes, then learn the words, then increase the score ?
For oral comprehension, it depends of the subject, and of course of the accent !"

So how can I improve my vocabulary score ? It's like it's stuck at 3.0 ! I'd like to see it move, one way or the other. This state is really frustrating !
Thanks in advance.

12 comments - page 2

• Hi, the score is fake ... I've the same score for over one year with 5.0 for vocabulary and I'm not fluent in english. Fancyful calculation ... Regards
  • Hi gritch, and a Happy new year, by the way !
    After a little growth to 4.2, this level has dropped to 3.0 again, suddenly, several weeks (months ?)ago. It is now at 3.2. I really don't know how it's calculated, and I don't think it's very easy to have an accurate one...
    I just hope it's not linked anymore to the checking of the boxes from vocabulary on the correction, because I don't use them...
    PS : Alas ! I just dropped to 2.9 !
  • Hi Idoine91, I have the same problem about my vocabulary score which has decreased suddenly from 5.5 to 3.0. I bet a calculation problem or a defective algorithm. Regards

Please sign in to leave a comment.