English Idioms

Biting one’s fingernails

Hi, I'm here to share idioms / expressions : 1) "Biting one’s fingernails" can suggest being nervous about something 2) There is also another sentence in which we find again a story of fingers: "to regret bitterly" when we'd better bite fingers to have done something we regret. Maybe, someone could correct me if there are others ways o express these two feelings. - nervousness - regret if you know some idiom to express : to mope, the worry, being anxious... i'm very interested. Regards

4 comments

• bite one's fingernails: nervousness to regret bitterly: (bitterly is an adjective here. ) to really regret something profoundly. Je regret vraiment I am attempting to learn French. Would anyone need help with their English in return for helping me with my French. By email? psg2000@gmail.com
  • Paul in Liverpool said

bite one's fingernails: nervousness to regret bitterly: (bitterly is an adjective here. ) to really regret something profoundly. Je regret vraiment I am attempting to learn French. Would anyone need help with their English in return for helping me with my French. By email? psg2000@gmail.com

I can help you with your French Mary
  • on écrit: je regrette vraiment. on emploi ici le verbe regretter. Merci.
  • On emploie

Please sign in to leave a comment.