Comments about the English forum

about lessons part called "vocabulary

hello , i am often bored to tick off "I knew it" or "I didn't know" when it's about several expression or meanings : I know well one and not the other meaning so ....which one choosing ?

11 comments

• I tell you how I feel about that. By ticking the boxes "don't know" or no "need to review" you determine if it's going to be asked to you again, and in how long time. So if I really dont' care about learning one of the meanings, the one I never know no matter how many time I've been asked , I pretend that I knew it ;-) But most of the time, I try to learn all the meanings, because it's usefull, and I like the way GG does it, always giving details, subtleties, examples... So I go on ticking "I didn't know" or "was unsure", until I have the right answer to all the questions.
  • thank you ....it's what I'he done every time but I was not sure it was the best way to do !!!
  • thank you ....it's what I'he done every time but I was not sure it was the best way to do !!!
  • The best way to learn the english grammar is ????
  • Welcome Mimi du Pyla. Do you live near the Dune du Pyla near Arcachon, it's such a nice place ! I often use REVERSO, mostly translation and dictionnary; but grammar looks good too, and it is free...Have a nice day.
  • Yes I'm living not too far from the Dune du Pyla, such a very nice place . What is it "Reverso" ??? Awaiting to read about you .
  • Reverso is a website where you can find tools to help you learn and translate languages. for instance, you can translate a french sentence into english. Of course it is a robot, but the result is often good...it helps. you can find it with the google search engine, just typing "reverso". Pimpanella wrote about it a few days ago. I can tell you more next monday if you wish because I send this post from my smartphone. Have a nice w.e. , Mimi
  • Reverso is a website where you can find tools to help you learn and translate languages. for instance, you can translate a french sentence into english. Of course it is a robot, but the result is often good...it helps. you can find it with the google search engine, just typing "reverso". Pimpanella wrote about it a few days ago. I can tell you more next monday if you wish because I send this post from my smartphone. Have a nice w.e. , Mimi
  • I found it !! But ... I just need a to have "kind" of "pedagogy" . I read the lessons but (due to my age ) they would'nt stay in this head ......

Please sign in to leave a comment.