English Vocabulary

about gymglish titles

That is not the first time that it happens, though I always enjoy the gymglish lessons, I am sorry that there is no way ( except the forum...) to find the meaning of an unknown word in the title. I mean when it is a word or a phrase that doesn't exist in a dictionary ! In today lesson, what in tarnation is a "cruncher" ? And what does "tarnation" mean exactly ? So I feel like saying and shouting " DON'T FORGET THE TITLES, please !!" Thank you in advance

3 comments

• It's good for my health that I don't swallow the food whitout chewing, masticating, crunching it. I am a crunchy man, especially concerned about nature. If not a vegan, I am a vegetarian. I think being a cruncher, i.e. someone who cares about eating organic food. Hey, Louise, what the hell could tarnation mean? American GymGlish "What in tarnation ..." is exactly the same as "What the hell..." It's an American idiom. Tarnation expresses something hellish, unpleasant, also anger or annoyance. Keep up shouting, Louise, I like your suave voice.
  • AhQ ['a: kiu] said

It's good for my health that I don't swallow the food whitout chewing, masticating, crunching it. I am a crunchy man, especially concerned about nature. If not a vegan, I am a vegetarian. I think being a cruncher, i.e. someone who cares about eating organic food. Hey, Louise, what the hell could tarnation mean? American GymGlish "What in tarnation ..." is exactly the same as "What the hell..." It's an American idiom. Tarnation expresses something hellish, unpleasant, also anger or annoyance. Keep up shouting, Louise, I like your suave voice.

As it's the first time I use a forum, I don't know if you got my previous answer to your answer. ( I wrote it twice, I don't know where it has gone !...). So for the third time,(being ridiculous won't kill me) I thank you for your detailed answer and I congratulate you for your interest in organic food. And I forgive your irony about my voice. And now I'm going to see if my answer appears somewhere...
  • Yeah! It does, Louise.

Please sign in to leave a comment.