English Idioms

american or english they asked.....

I hate this english accent: I have to understand( the radio) and learn english slang which I 'll never use and that makes me mad

10 comments

• Luckily for you, Radio Rhubard is different. Moira has this Scottish accent, Brent sounds American, and the reporters at-large have all kinds of accents: Spanish, Indian... I've never heard British accent when tuning in to Radio Rhubarb - not so far, that is. Although I am used more to the American accent, the British accent is no problem for me. I like that, too. And Brian Jones has a good British accent. Not having an aversion to British accent is an advantage sometimes, The BBC has some interesting documentaries, for which I am kind of grateful.
  • Luckily for you, Radio Rhubard is different. Moira has this Scottish accent, Brent sounds American, and the reporters at-large have all kinds of accents: Spanish, Indian... I've never heard British accent when tuning in to Radio Rhubarb - not so far, that is. Although I am used more to the American accent, the British accent is no problem for me. I like that, too. And Brian Jones has a good British accent. Not having an aversion to British accent is an advantage sometimes, The BBC has some interesting documentaries, for which I am kind of grateful.
  • Strange what is happening here. My first post was posted twice, and everytime when I click 'Remove post' to remove the duplicate, the post is posted again. The 'Remove post' link seems not to work as it is supposed to.
  • It is the firts time I try to write here, so excuse me if I am no able to comment accents! just enough to say that I don't understand british accent, instead of my desire to listen the BBC broadcasts!
  • I am attempting to learn French. Aprendre Francais. Would anyone need help with their English in return for helping me with my French. By email? psg2000@gmail.com
  • Luckily for us, radio rhubarb is funny ,it's a good way to understand different accents,I'm not fond of American accent but I try to improve. A sense of humour sometimes is helpful ... Have a nice day and smile ! A.l.
  • I prefer the British accent, I think it is easy to understand, whereas the American accent it very difficult to learn for those like me who have a biginner level english. I beg to apologize for mistakes.
  • Paul in Liverpool said

I am attempting to learn French. Aprendre Francais. Would anyone need help with their English in return for helping me with my French. By email? psg2000@gmail.com

Ok, I'm learning English, if you want I can help you in French, Go head !!! noelle.rami@hotmail.fr

Please sign in to leave a comment.