Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Haïkus

Who wants to play making haïkus with me ? Those short poems of three verses, the middle one is generaly longer than the two others, (I've sometimes read that the first must be of 5 feet, the second of 7, and the third of 5, but let's not be too rigid...) And please be indulgent, I've hardly made half a dozen in French, and this is my first in English, suggestions for improvement would be a plus !

bright and cold blue sky
greens and yellows of a child's drawing
spring is all around

Whose turn ?

45 comments - page 2

• Pimpanella said

Who wants to play making haïkus with me ? Those short poems of three verses, the middle one is generaly longer than the two others, (I've sometimes read that the first must be of 5 feet, the second of 7, and the third of 5, but let's not be too rigid...) And please be indulgent, I've hardly made half a dozen in French, and this is my first in English, suggestions for improvement would be a plus ! bright and cold blue sky greens and yellows of a child's drawing spring is all around Whose turn ?

Pimpanella said

Who wants to play making haïkus with me ? Those short poems of three verses, the middle one is generaly longer than the two others, (I've sometimes read that the first must be of 5 feet, the second of 7, and the third of 5, but let's not be too rigid...) And please be indulgent, I've hardly made half a dozen in French, and this is my first in English, suggestions for improvement would be a plus ! bright and cold blue sky greens and yellows of a child's drawing spring is all around Whose turn ?

• please give me five words

dont look that hard for right ones

like mad me right here

• Live-loving summer

make lynx enjoys butterflies

other way round too...
  • Give the words a chance
    they will play their own music
    released from your will
  • Red fields and blue fields
    What better tells summer
    Than wildflowers in the wheats ?
  • Oh no, please don't wilt up ;)
    I just thought you'd found by yourself how to start new lines, from your last haïku which was well written in three lines (and poetic as you are used to write. ) And I was willing to write a haïku with my answer, but I had nothing in store, too much cold froze my mind maybe.

I have no other knowledge than you when talking of how to write here. The advantage I've, is that I can edit my posts, after I posted, and that's when it's easer to insert spaces where you want them. I've read several of the forum's user's notes saying that they can't do that. It' seems the forum isn't working properly, and it seems it's gonna stay like this for a while, as there is not much attendance from the team (I know I shouldnt' write this ;) since the forum has been renewed.
    Take care, help me please inspiring me with your haïkus, I've my hands full over here, but I still come every two or three days to read what's written on the forum.
  • Thank you for your answer, Pimpanella. I'll see to follow your suggestion and not let haïkus pass away.
  • 'Pimpa'nella... 'Pimpa'nella... a...a...aa... (echoing through a lonely wilted forum...) . To my dismay you don't want to share your hidden knowledge about how to start the new line for cracking a haïku. What is worse, you no longer splash the forum with the charming yours. Are we bound to desperately wilt up to death?
  • She delights me well ---/---

So that by her would I dwell ---/---

As if by a spell
  • Pleased to meet someone who shares my views, Thierry. Before the GymGlish reformed the forum a year or so ago, it had been thriving for years. It didn't get upgraded. I presume it was to spare bytes, unfortunately at the users' expense. They had better erase old posts rather than hampering the writing. I don't have enough spare time to spend minutes searching how to start the new line. For sure there is where to find the reason why the forum has turned so lonely.

Please sign in to leave a comment.