The Delavigne Corporation

Texan Hospitality

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-ansi-language:EN-GB" lang="EN-GB">Hi everybody,</span> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-ansi-language:EN-GB" lang="EN-GB">I’m a “new” student, I began sutdiyng English with GymGlish three months ago. </span> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-ansi-language:EN-GB" lang="EN-GB">Today there is an e-mail (lesson) called “The Warbuckle Debacle” in which Harold Warbuckle invites Bruno Delavigne to his estate in Texas. Bruno arrives, he ist a bit tired and wants to go to his room. Te quest-house is far avay form the main house, the way a bit complicated and Harold does not go with Bruno to show to him the place. Bruno has to go on his own. </span> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-ansi-language:EN-GB" lang="EN-GB">I’m surprised. Is that American or Texan hospitality? I am French, I would take the luggage of my guest and bring it myself to the guestroom showing him the way, the restroom and so on. Especially when it is so far as in that situation.</span> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-ansi-language:EN-GB" lang="EN-GB">What do you think?</span> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-ansi-language:EN-GB" lang="EN-GB">I would like to know your meanings </span> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-ansi-language:EN-GB" lang="EN-GB">Have a goo day</span> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-ansi-language:EN-GB" lang="EN-GB">Julie</span> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

10 comments

• I believe there is a little bug .......
  • Having seen this kind of posts a few times before, I know where this special wording comes from, it's when one writes their text with a word processor, and then copy it in the forum.
    Which forum, unable to keep the formatting, translates it all in tags, resulting in an indigestible writing.
    My piece of advice is to use a simple text editor (wordpad, blocnote) to write before posting on the forum, it helps not to loose all when by mistake you press a wrong kee. Or what I do is to copy my text (ctrl a, ctrl c) as I go along, so I can have it back when it vanishes (ctrl v)
  • Here is what we can read when we focus on the content : "Today there is an e-mail (lesson) called “The Warbuckle Debacle” in which Harold Warbuckle invites Bruno Delavigne to his estate in Texas. Bruno arrives, he ist a bit tired and wants to go to his room. Te quest-house is far avay form the main house, the way a bit complicated and Harold does not go with Bruno to show to him the place. Bruno has to go on his own. I’m surprised. Is that American or Texan hospitality? I am French, I would take the luggage of my guest and bring it myself to the guestroom showing him the way, the restroom and so on. Especially when it is so far as in that situation"

I agree with you Julie, I would expect to be accompanied to my room, if in the same situation. But Warbuckle is a kind of crude and basic man, he has not much thoughtfulness.
  • Hi too, I remember this lesson and Warbuckle seemed to be a little bit drunken, no ? This condition could maybe explain his behavior and lack of manners...
  • Hi, I only see your answers today when I want to post another remark. I had seen that my former mail wasn't legible (or readable?) and didn't wait an answer! I didn't think you would have a possibility to read the mail! Thanks for your advice. Actually, you have assumed it, I had written the mail in Word and made a copy. I will try it with wordpad now. I see that you could read the mail nevertheless and that you agree with me about the Warbuckle's manner to let Bruno go alone to his room. Perhaps he was actually already a little drunk, perhaps it's a lack of manners, but he is although kind and pleasant in his way, is he not? Have a nice day
  • Hi, I only see your answers today when I want to post another remark. I had seen that my former mail wasn't legible (or readable?) and didn't wait an answer! I didn't think you would have a possibility to read the mail! Thanks for your advice. Actually, you have assumed it, I had written the mail in Word and made a copy. I will try it with wordpad now. I see that you could read the mail nevertheless and that you agree with me about the Warbuckle's manner to let Bruno go alone to his room. Perhaps he was actually already a little drunk, perhaps it's a lack of manners, but he is although kind and pleasant in his way, is he not? Have a nice day
  • "he is although kind and pleasant in his way, is he not?"
    Uh, I wouldn't leave my daughter alone with Warbuckle, nor would I spend with him my holidays...
    Have a nice day too.
  • Harold W. looks to be a fat business man who gives little 2 goodness (although all is relative) who's drinking and smoking cigar all the time which leave him with little health. I don't know Mr Warbuckle enough to know his real weight but if I was more or less 330lb I would think twice before going a long way.Now he could have used one of his golf cart to drive Bruno and his luggage along this path.Time is money I guess.

I've got another question to continue this thread. In my last lesson <Flashback: The Life Of Brian>, which reports a chat session between Delavigne Corp. employees, Donna Donnovan is known as TripleD. Why did she use this nick ? Although I see where are the 1st Ds I wonder what the 3rd D refered to ?
  • Hi Bamf ! Maybe "Doctor Donna Donovan" ?

Please sign in to leave a comment.