Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

My word of the day

A new year won't change the world but we might choose to change our mind about the world.

34 comments - page 2

• Until now I've tried to bone up on my GymGlish lessons. From now on I'll try letting the GymGlish system operate by itself. I'll take it easy. That's my way to practise a basic laissez-faire. ......................... In case a beginner takes a glance at this word, here is a note. To try to do = to make an effort to do. / To try doing = to make the experience of doing.
  • Yes it's true, let's take it easy, old fruits!
  • To green lemon: I couldn't use the "reply with quote". For sure I'm quite awkward. - Your say turns me on, green lemon. I thought I was blathering all alone. You are quite fluent and I'd be pleased to read you more often
  • My word of the day January 12 - Without a doubt I didn't tell the truth yesterday about a basic laissez-faire. That's true. I don't ever tell the truth because truth vanishes with the telling of it.
  • Jan. 13 -There are many truths.Some truths are for one's own use. Some which are shared by many minds should always be taken with a pinch of doubt.
  • Jan. 14 - No truth is certain and destined for eternity. By now the light speed shared by massless particles is considered to be the fastest speed in Universe, but no phycisist would ever tell that it couldn't once come untrue.
  • Jan. 15 - If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts, but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties. (Francis Bacon quoted)
  • Jan. 16 - Plaster thick, some will stick, says the proverb. Therefore I plaster provisional.
  • Jan. 17 - As Shakespeare already put it, "modest doubt is called the beacon of the wise."
  • Jan. 18 - What does prevent us from discovering the real? It is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.

Please sign in to leave a comment.