Comments about the English forum

Lesson The Casual Friday Controvers y 1/3

Hi ! I'm not sure but I think that there is a mistake on this lesson. The conversation is the next one : Polly: Yes, Icarus. It's called 'Casual Fridays'. Everyone is allowed to wear jeans and a tee-shirt, or whatever they prefer. Icarus: Yes, that's right, 'Casual Fridays'. Well, the problem, err, the issue, is that every Friday, following work, my presence is required at a local accountancy club, where formal attire is preferred, so I have been, by default of course, excluded from participation in this pleasant inter-office ritual. Polly: I'm sorry to hear that Icarus. What would you like to do? Icarus: Perhaps we can have the day changed? After, I had a question choose the false statements. On my correction it's said that the false statement was "Polly has a problem with Casual Dress Day". I don't understand the correction, is it really a mistake or do I miss something ? Thanks for your help!

4 comments

• Isn't it Icarus who has a problem with casual dress days?
  • It's also what i think ...
  • Elea, Elea, sorry to interfere but I think that you can't write "i" this way. You always have to use a capital "I". I'd like to have an explanation for that specificity by the way...
  • Hi Miss. I'd just like to point out that Elea Elea used a capital letter in her first post on 13 Feb. 2014. On late october 14th, she used i, maybe by a slip on the key or intentionally, as if she were writing a texto.
    I hadn't ever asked why 'I' got written with a capital letter. Following your remark, I looked for it and found a well informed explanation by a certain Sue (Susan53) on a thread on eslhq.com. The article is too long to be copied out here. Go on eslhq.com or type "I capital letter" on your search engine. That's quite interesting.

Please sign in to leave a comment.