English Vocabulary

Paola Meets Polly : To work closely = intensively ?

Me too I've something to discuss about, on this story, for the sense of "to work closely with": There is first a mismaching in the explanations in the correction : Having checked "to work privately", my correction was "The expression to 'work closely with' does not express that people are working in 'teams of two'. (which is another possible choice) It should read 'privately' instead of 'in teams of two'. Well, a wrong thread, not a big deal. But I've been surprised by the correct choice and explanation, "to work intensively, as I thought "intensively" meant something similar to the French "intensément". gg says :To work closely with' someone means 'to work directly' or 'to work intensively' with someone. To work directly, right. But to work intensively ? I took a look on several dictionaries and translators, and I couldn't find a confirmation of this sense for 'working intensively'. Thanks for your answer !

7 comments

• Hello,stranger!
  • Right back at ya, alien ;)
  • Back and better than ever, as I can see. The earth would have shaked about it!!!!
  • "would have shook" rather.
  • Yeah, did you feel it too? The earth shook strongly yesterday evening, not far from where we live, it was impressive, the noise, and how it moved in the floors...
  • feel I didn't ,I am leaving more northwards, in an area knowing sometimes earth tremor, but never so impressive than this one you and people I saw yesterday on television, have been about. More fright than hurt fortunately,so it seems, isn't it? (After careful consideration, would have 'shaken' is perhaps better than shaked.Thanks to have not notice that.
  • Yes, let's keep shaken if it's your price ;)
    So what's up here ? I'm a little sorry I walked away for a while, but the place isn't tremendously vibrant, right, rather going less and less busy, what can we do ?
    I thought we could file a petition to Gymglish, for them to make a new and effective improvement to make this forum more friendly user...But on how many people can we rely to sign the petition, that's the core concern. The same problem if we decide to go on a strike and not do our lessons, the robot may just count that two of gymglish users are taking some time off without having notified it ;) Or, decide to boycott the annual gg party, it's soon going to be time I think.
    Spring sparks subversive ideas, at least... Better than dark thoughts.
    A nice day to you, green lemon !

Please sign in to leave a comment.