Comments about the English forum

the importance of English forum

english forum permits to improve our english, so all students of gimglish must participate at this forum.
I think that each member of english forum must communicate with other member.

10 comments

• Certainly Prunelle, you're right. We should be more active in this forum because it's not only an opportunity to practise the writing but also a way to weave links between us. The lack of time can explain our silence or maybe, are we just lazy? I'll try to write as often as possible.
  • Certainly Prunelle, you're right. We should be more active in this forum because it's not only an opportunity to practise the writing but also a way to weave links between us. The lack of time can explain our silence or maybe, are we just lazy? I'll try to write as often as possible.
  • That's music to my ears, and I certainly will be reading and answering you  as often as possible.
    So what have you got in store for us, prunelle ? ;-)
    There are a few reasons that hinder communication in here. Lack of time and lazyness like x pointed out, and another one is : What could we discuss about ?  Of course, we can always talk over grammar and vocabulary, but it's not all what life is about is it ? And, of course there is also a problem of... language, when one is a complete beginner as an English learner.
    I'll try to come consistently, and I hope I'll read both of you here or there.
  • Hello I am Fabienne and I live in Switzerland. I have for years been trying to learn English. I have no practice and that is why I am not forgetting it over and over again. I have noticed that you are here in the strategic all quite speaks good English. I will try it. Do you say that I am happy to correct my english, I would look forward to improve me and exchange with other

regards
    Fabienne
  • Welcome to you Fabienne,
    I can see you started gymglish's lessons  a few days ago. I hope you'l like them and improve like all of us here want to. There are two opinions, for what I read on this forum : some gg learners really appreciate the stories, the humour, and how exercises are made,  and  others dislike, find audio too difficult to understand... Well, of course that's exactly the same than in the real life ! I belong to the first category, have been fulfiling those lessons for more than two years with pleasure and I learnt many words, idioms, and strengthened my grammar  as well.

Of course learning  a language needs much more than whatever lessons can offer. We need to practice, write and speak. For me GG was good as a first step towards getting back to learning English.
    I'm looking forwards to reading you.
  • Hi Pimpanella

I hope you are fine. Yes GG is great :-) It.s very disagreeable to me that I am able not in english. Because I don't use in English in the everyday life, I forget it over and over again. hope this time it works. GG has veery amusing episodes. however, you speak well in Englsch. what is you mother tongue?

Grettings from switzerland
  • Hello Fabienne, it's nice to get your answer !
    My mother thongue is French, and yours ?
    My level in English is contrasted : I don't speak well, I gabble and  try to make myself understood.
    This is because I don't use spoken English often enough.
    Writing is easer, one  can take their time, search for the right word, open dictionnaries, proofread...
    Are you learning English for your own pleasure ? 
    I hope gg will help you to improve, and that we'll have discussions here on everything in life.
    Keep up the good work as they say, and don't forget to have great time too in this wonderful automn weather.
    Kisses
  • Hi Pimpanella how are you? I love French. Do you live in Frence? My mother tongue is Swiss German. I know what you mean. To my pit I must confess that I English always translate on the Internet. I find you well express yourself. If Engliof eveery English wanted a littel almost speak. It's a must have. What do you do?

hearty one greets

Fabienne
  • Yes I live in France, and if you want to take a look on a nice, wild, quite contry, I put a link on my profile that will take you for a virtual visit to my place. There's a breeze of Giono in the pure sky and in the roughness of the climate. I haven't always been living here but I wouldn't sign up for a big city anymore.
    I didn't catch your say in "If Engliof ..." Could you say it in another way ?
    I can't say I love German... I learnt it at school, and I tried to use it here and there, but... it's a rough language !
    Read you soon, have a nice week.

Please sign in to leave a comment.