English Grammar

problem with verb(s)

Hello, i've got a lot of problems with all the small terms english people uses to put at the end of the verbs. 
For exemple  : I'm trying to drive a new car. J'essaie de conduire une nouvelle voiture. All right..

these horrible english persons suddenly say : 'out'... I'm trying "out"!!!!!!!!  just to say "with a cloud of subtility" the same thing!!!! 

Why this "out"? 

Thanks a lot to help me to understand this very strange built in (et toc)  english psychological perception.   
:-)

2 comments

• A you wrote it, François, I think that 'try' as a transitive verb with a verb as an object doesn't ever come with a particule.  So, I always try to do my utmost to drive carefully, specially today as I am trying to drive a new car. A friend seeing me trying the car, tells me "Are you trying out a new car?" "Yes," I say, "would you try it out yourself?" "Why not" he answers. Upon that I say "Try it out, buddy."
    I wouldn 't say "Try it." It would be too short, too scrawny.  "Try it out" sounds better, doesn't it?The 'cloud of subtility' you noticed is like fioritura that make the words sing. Turn you life musical, François, it will turn out nice.
  • thanks for your answer, cause you know it's really difficult to find (out?) the right way deeper i walk in the forest...

Please sign in to leave a comment.