Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Hi!!

I'm Olivia and i'm a ivorian. I search friends in Gymglish to discuss, to talk about everything and nothing, and also to play!
I'm 15 years old, and I live in Côte d'Ivoire with my mother, because my father lives in Senegal with his wife and my brothers and sister. I must know english because soon I will work in an international organism(this is my dream). So, if you want me become your friend, join me! (ps: if my texte contains mistakes, mention it please!)

143 comments - page 9

• excuse me, i just forgot to explain to you why this marriage was amazing : when we came out of the city all ,somebody went with the tandem of the newly-weds and the just married woman take down her long skirt and she was dressed with a sport clothe...she went on the bike with her husband and they bike in Paris roads until the boat where was the feast!
    ...I hope you understood what I meaned without misinterpretation !...
  • Hi friends !
    What you say, Forestine79, make me think to the baptism of my third daughter. For the others I organized beautiful feasts but I was looking for a good idea to celebrate this event because I thought that it will be the last baptism in my own family. I didn't want to have another children.
    I found information about boats that we can rent and that sailed up and down the Seine in Paris. So I rent a boat from the morning up to sixteen.
    But after I had not many money for other things and I had to do everything by myself. Before the day I asked one of my friends to organize the cocktail bar (it was necessary to me to have such an aperitive because I had always do that before for my feasts) with five cocktails without alcohol and five cocktails with alcohol and the usual decorative sets for this sort of drink. I organized the meal and bought every thing we need for the feast. The day before, we prepared everything we could do at that moment, many sequences of things to do and objets to find and bring together for example many plastic baskets to bring things from one side to the other. In the same time I had to prepare the ceremonie in the church with prays and songs with the help of God, gods and guardian angels. Thanks to them (I know that they read me, don't they, Guardian Angel ?)
    The right day, people (family and friends) had 3 possible appointments with us : the first in the church at ten in the East neighbourhood of Paris (Montreuil sous bois) for the ceremonie, at thirteen on the Seine Embankment near the Boulogne Wood in the west of Paris for the boat departure and then at eighteen and a half in our family house, in the east of Paris (we had to leave the boat at eighteen at the end of the afternoon).
    I felt a great angst during my short night because of the program of the next day... I woke up at 3 to go to the great market for professionals in the south of Paris named "Rungis" I had to buy many flowers to decorate the church and the tables in the boat. Then I came home and bring together all the platic baskets we had prepared with every thing we needed for the feast. I went to the otherside of Paris with all those things and my mother who helped me to prepare the boat (tables, buffet, kitchen and things to cook). Then we came again at home (on the otherside of Paris) to prepare all the family for the ceremony. We went to the church and we baptized Lucile. I had prepared a very long and detailed paper so the ceremony was longer than it would have been. At the end of the ceremony all the people jumped in the cars to go on the other side of Paris to take the boat. We came on the boat and we left the embankment but we had to come again to the quay because some people was late and made signs to us from the quay. Then the boat came down the Seine. It was a very beautiful sunny day : the Boulogne wood and then up the river, the Eiffel tower, the center of Paris, the 'Conciergerie", "Notre-dame", the yachting port of Paris, until
  • hi everybody...to end my story of marriage, the next morning we were invited in a coffeeshop near our hotels for the breakfast (my brother's appartement is very small); the next day was organized a pique nique then a walk through the forest between Meudon observatory and Versaille castle. A long and very unforgettable week end !
  • Hi Friends, This amazing marriage scene is tailor-made for movie, don't you think so? And the way you described it is perfect, forestine, we all get the picture.
  • hi, friend this week, my holidays are finished, and i was returning to work with ill or handicaped people in a hospital. I am an occupationnaltherapist so i work in a rehabilitation (re education ?) service; i have been working here for fifteen years.
    I like to travel too during my holidays: i went in Africa (Dakkar)where lived my sister, in UK (to look after two kids and their two donkeys), in Italy where my husband worked during more than six months, in Japan where he had been working and took a break for two weeks, in Thaïland (? i cann't find the good name in english)with some friend for the beginning of the third century !
  • Hi friends !
    Another very interesting paper for people interested in science ! I read in september "Science and Life" magazine that the dream of invisibility become real ! Some physics have built "metamaterials" that light avoid. So those metamaterials are invisible ! What a wonderfull world !
  • Hi friends!My name is Yasmi and I'm from Spain. I'm studying Tourism.
    I would like to meet some people in Gymglish to practise my English.
    Friendly yours
  • Hi friends!My name is Yasmi and I'm from Spain. I'm studying Tourism.
    I would like to meet some people in Gymglish to practise my English.
    Friendly yours
  • From forestine79:
    hi, friend this week, my holidays are finished, and i was returning to work with ill or handicaped people in a hospital. I am an occupationnaltherapist so i work in a rehabilitation (re education ?) service; i have been working here for fifteen years.
    I like to travel too during my holidays: i went in Africa (Dakkar)where lived my sister, in UK (to look after two kids and their two donkeys), in Italy where my husband worked during more than six months, in Japan where he had been working and took a break for two weeks, in Thaïland (? i cann't find the good name in english)with some friend for the beginning of the third century !

As you travelled all over the world, you could tell us more about how life was over there. Did they have a happy or a dreary life here and there in the countries you visited?
    I'm at the ready for swallowing long reports.

Please sign in to leave a comment.