French Grammar

About a correction

The system marked "Toi qui remplit, ô mon orgueil" as spelling mistake, because "toi" is a subject. I haven't understand why because "qui" is subject pronoun.

4 comments

• PatPrev said

The system marked "Toi qui remplit, ô mon orgueil" as spelling mistake, because "toi" is a subject. I haven't understand why because "qui" is subject pronoun.

• qui est le pronom relatif sujet du verbe "remplir" . Toi est son antécédent c.à d. le mot représenté par le pronom . Par ailleurs "toi qui ..." entraine l'accord du verbe à la 2ème personne du sing. il faut donc écrire " Toi qui rempliS ...
    Martine Blum
  • I'm confused about agreement of the past participle in the passé compose. I thought that verbs that take avoir as the auxiliary verb didn't have to agree with the subject. I thought it was only the verbs that take être. In an exercise where I had to use the correct form of recevoir (reçu), which is a verb that takes avoir. I got them wrong because I didn't make them agree with the subjects. Can you tell me what the rule is? Thanks!
  • https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45414751

Even the French (and the Belgians) sometimes disagree...! Could this be the reason in your case?

Please sign in to leave a comment.