The Delavigne Corporation

some observations about Delavigne and the lessons

Delavigne Corporation seems boring to me. It's to commercial and sometimes, in particular with American characters, not the sort of english words I would like to learn. There are to many slang expressions The subjects could be more various. I like to learn the different meanings of a word and the special expressions. I don't always agree with the way of asking questions about the text. Even if I understand it, I don't know what Gymglish expects, it's somtimes not clear .

13 comments - page 2

• Hello Ladybird!

I agree 100% with your comments.
    The exchange with Bruno Delavigne just show realty encountered of day to day.

Regard.

Yves
  • Nano said

Delavigne Corporation seems boring to me. It's to commercial and sometimes, in particular with American characters, not the sort of english words I would like to learn. There are to many slang expressions The subjects could be more various. I like to learn the different meanings of a word and the special expressions. I don't always agree with the way of asking questions about the text. Even if I understand it, I don't know what Gymglish expects, it's somtimes not clear .

Hello Nano,
    I am relatively new here, making various observations. Though I do understand and even appreciate your "grievances" regarding non-British vocabulary, accents, topic variation, etc -- I would like to point out that we're not in school here but are mostly adults with school days behind us, meaning that I, for example, appreciate mostly the humour and wit as well as the occasional "strangeness" (rather than grammar lessons), which lead me to explore new language and culture alleys, all quite exiting! Perhaps you want to have a go at such a view too in future?
    Best, Jutta from Frankfurt
  • Yvonne Ricci Mum said

..........but sometimes I‘d like come back to a lesson I did the day before but it‘s already erased.
    Best regards Yvonne

Hello Yvonne,
    I collect all lessons, including corrections, in a "Gymlish folder", which enables me to go back to individual lessons in my very own time.
    Perhaps a useful approach for you too?
    Best, Jutta from Frankfurt
  • I feel perfectly allright with the Delavigne Comp. In the lessons I can learn quite a lot and the kind of humor is anything but boring.
    Lux

Please sign in to leave a comment.