Frantastique Users and Visitors Lounge

No more videos/reading comprehension exercises

Suddenly, my lessons got shorter (I still have the setting at maximum). And I no longer receive videos- nor "desserts" nor any reading comprehension exercises. Plus, the lessons seem to have gotten much easier. Again, my settings have not been changed- so the issue is not on my end.

8 comments

• Frantastique contacted me- apparently they do not have any more content to offer me and suggested that I re-do the lessons from the past with their videos/reading comprehension exercises. The only other option would have been to just continue with the vocabulary/grammar exercises.
  • This has happened to me as well. Is this the end of the course? So disappointed as I was really enjoying it, but this is boring.
  • How many lessons had you done when this started happening? I'm curious. I signed up for a 3-year course and hope it will continue to be new content all through the course.
  • I have been doing Frantastique since 2015 (maybe 2014 - not sure!) and I think I have started from scratch twice. It is not a bad thing to do, because they keep adding new stuff and revising the lessons, so you will not be bored - although some stuff may seem familiar. Alternately, you could try their Frantastique Ortho - which is really hard. No quarter is given for a single spelling mistake, but they do seem to revise quite a lot more, and there is a lot of dictée - also very useful. You should drop the help-desk a line - they are helpful and kind!
  • Joburg Princess, that's good to know. Thank you!
  • Hi Michael and Ruth,
    I was wondering about your level of French. Has Frantastique has run out of lessons for you because you're C2 (the most advanced) and so can't progress to a higher level?
    By the way, I've been classified as between B2 and C1.
    Thank you.
  • Michael Mcfadden said

Suddenly, my lessons got shorter (I still have the setting at maximum). And I no longer receive videos- nor "desserts" nor any reading comprehension exercises. Plus, the lessons seem to have gotten much easier. Again, my settings have not been changed- so the issue is not on my end.

Dr Archie Rag said

Hi Michael and Ruth,
    I was wondering about your level of French. Has Frantastique has run out of lessons for you because you're C2 (the most advanced) and so can't progress to a higher level?
    By the way, I've been classified as between B2 and C1.
    Thank you.

The same happened to me. I had my last regular lesson on August 24. Since then I get only "Révisons un peu". I am classified between B2 and C1, but I still want to receive regular lessons! I wrote via tha contact form several days ago, but never got a reply. I'm pretty upset about it. My contract runs for another whole year and I will complain to the consumer protection in Germany.
  • That's really strange, I had the same experience as Joburg, they reply quickly and nicely. How many lessons have you had? I've had 302, reached 5.5 in vocabulary and grammar but only 5.0 in communication (whatever they measure with that) and still get regular ones (although in the past I sometimes had revisions when I had set my days of participation such that I received more than 5 in a week).

Please sign in to leave a comment.