Comments about the English forum

exchange experience

Hi everybody! I would like to know your motivation and technique for improve your english... I like share my tips.
I used to go on bbc learn english website ; you can listen a talk, passing test, make grammar with test...it's very interesting and free!
I follow the channel France 24 in english with subtitle, and read book with translation. My first motivation it will have the level C1, (i am so far !) and getting job! And you?

6 comments

• I have the level C1 and try to reach the C2.But, as I am getting old I'm almost sure that Iwill be able to succeed. I speak a few languages and I have a few tips I used to study by myself previously. I never used the subtitles and always tried to think and live in the language I was studying.
    I used to go to to hear public talks and read books. When I had a word missing, I used to write it on a list and then,I was reviewing my lists every day. I hope this could help you.
  • Mistake , I will not be able to succeed. But C2 is really difficult even for native speakers. To reach C1 you just need to practice a lot
  • Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express myself on the course
    I appreciate its structure but I would like to import a good opinion about the little stories. I like its duration and dynamic side but ,on the other hand I do not work in the commercial field and the business world so that I am less motivated to take the time to learn a vocabulary foreign to my daily life.
    Why not to choose stories with themes more common to everyone ?

• Ra La said

Hi everybody! I would like to know your motivation and technique for improve your english... I like share my tips.
    I used to go on bbc learn english website ; you can listen a talk, passing test, make grammar with test...it's very interesting and free!
    I follow the channel France 24 in english with subtitle, and read book with translation. My first motivation it will have the level C1, (i am so far !) and getting job! And you?

Hello Partner,
    Sorry,I'm late to answer but I just found your message. In first , thank you for the idea Channel France 24 .In my case,I subscribed to a magazine for teenagers called: I love English world" which corresponds well to my level .It is very well done and which can be obtained in the kiosks.Another advices : I try to read orlisten GB before to go to the bed and since I get up because these are the moments when the memory can best embed the new knowledge I also try to write all my messages in English of course to people who speak it .In the house, I put small labels on the objects of common use.
    Good luck and patience
  • The problem with the subtitles :
    As long as you will see them you will focus on reading instead of listening and trying to understand the meaning of what you hear.
  • An other way to increase your vocabulary would be to read an English or American newspaper often. The same words come back frequently and you end to understand and remember them.

Please sign in to leave a comment.