Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

heeeeelp me :-)

Hi everybody!

I'm Caroline, I'm French, 20.
The next year I'll be in London for 9 months approximately. I'll be au pair in a nice family.
My problem is my nevel in English... It's very poor...
When I read you, it's ok, but when I want to do my sentance it's not easy....
I tkink to speak with you is a good way to improve my english...! no?

Many thanks!
Caroline

11 comments

• sorry, I forgot to give my adress mail:

zoubidoune@msn.com
  • Hi you the bleating zou.

You, like me, are a newbie hereabouts.
    You, like a lot of other newbies hereabouts, you can't help saying: I need help. My English is poor.. and so on.
    Many other add: I want to improve my English. or : I need help to speak and write... and all the caboodle.
    Fortunately you just bleat with a grin: He-e-e-e-elp me!
    I like your grin.It makes me melt.
    And I wonder whether the nice Londoner family intends to hire a sheep au pair. You had better to show off as a smart sexy French girl, Caroline.

I, like you, am a newbie hereabouts.
    I, unlike you and other newbies, I do not need any help.
    My boss often tells me: I rely on you, AhQiuuu, to keep our premises neat and tidy. But if you want to become a great man, just count on yourself, fend for yourself, only yourself. That's why I'm used to fending for myself. No help needed!

AhQ
  • Hello Caroline.

Don't feel upset by AhQ's reaction.
    As he said, your call made his heart melt... Lol.
    A lot of people are at the ready to chat with you in the forum.
    Go on with a further message.
    Gee
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello AhQ the braggart "Know-it-all-Do-it-all-myself".

If you don't need any help about anything, sure you're a self-sufficient guy.
    Since you tell us about your boss and 'the premises you have to keep neat and tidy', I suggest you tell us a bit more about your job.
    And about your position. As you have a boss, you're not the big boss yourself, are you?
    Don't take this message as a call for help.
    But I think that people who don't need help should be willing to help their neighbors.
    No offense intended, hey!
    Gee
  • This is my reply to Gee calling me names.

If Caroline carries her 'poor level' with her, she never becomes richer.
    If she carries crutches with her, she never gets free.
    If she keeps bleeting for help, she never shouts her own say.

As you are calling me names, I call you 'Mister Know-it-all yourself'.
    Yes, there is a boss at my job, but I want to be my own man.
    In the same way I'd like Caroline be her own girl.

No offense intended? Ha, ha, ha.. (lol)
  • From AhQ:
    This is my reply to Gee calling me names.

If Caroline carries her 'poor level' with her, she never becomes richer.
    If she carries crutches with her, she never gets free.
    If she keeps bleeting for help, she never shouts her own say.

As you are calling me names, I call you 'Mister Know-it-all yourself'.
    Yes, there is a boss at my job, but I want to be my own man.
    In the same way I'd like Caroline be her own girl.

No offense intended? Ha, ha, ha.. (lol)

• A reply to AhQ...

We can all see that you are new to the Forum, at least I can because you don't seem to be used to the friendly attitude and style adopted by its members and especially by Gee who is always ready to help everybody in the different sections of the GGForum
    If you don't need help Ahq, stay where you are , look after your premises and let this forum run without you. Allow people like Caroline express themselves.
    Sorry, it isn't my usual way of expressing myself but I disliked your answers.
  • To the silky member who told me off very harshly.

Gentle lady,

First and foremost I'd like you don't murder my name. If my name is AhQ, it's not because I chose it, it's because everyone calls me by that name. It's going that way to every people on earth, even you. As you possibly don't like your own name, you chose a silky nickname to let your gold heart pour out your feelings about the forum. So much the better.
    As for me, AhQ is not a nickname. I don't know where it comes from. Since ages I've been named so. In the past I used to be the whipping boy. Everyone kept jeering at me day all the time. I felt a scum, I was a loser. But since I started my job I took my cue from my boss, and a capital Q for my name. I decided to stop being a nitwit. And little by little I felt growing proud and self-confident. Now I'm grown Nietzschean.

Silky, you are fully mistaken about my intentions. I didn't mean any harm when I suggested Caroline to stop bleeting for help. Sure that girl has in herself all the needed power to become a Londoner star. Starting as an au pair girl in a nice family, she will soon feel in London as in her best zooglish element.

However I am forced to recognize that the zouglish Caroline hasn't posted any message since then. Would it be my fault? I rather hope that she has got so many chats via her zoubidoune e-mail address that she is overwhelmed with offers of help, questions and all sorts of kind tips.
    Would you read this, Caroline, please make a sign.

Now that I've been told by one out of the best members of the GG, I just must obey her orders. I'm straight away going to let this forum run without me.

Farewell, Silky, Caroline, Gee. I enjoyed going along with you, as short as it went. Wish you a smart English walk.
    AhQ
  • Let's make peace, will you?
    The world is made of things and people very different from one another. That's why we can identify them.
    That's why we can enjoy living in the world.
    Would everything be green or black, we couldn't know it's green or black.
    Would everyone be as kind as Silky or as harsh as AhQ, we couldn't be aware of what is kind or harsh.
    Enjoy the diversity in the forum.

Incidentally I'd ask AhQ whether he's lost memory or he's throwing himself in a character far away from his own. If AhQ doesn't know much about where he comes from, AhQ's IQ doesn't seem all that bad.
  • I'm searching for the second time an open discussion with open-minded people... and I succeed in it !!!
    Waouw, AhQ/Gee/Silky, what a great game.
    Don't forget that we are all breathing the same air, all watching the same sun & we are all loved by someone within this world.
    I just think that AhQ's message doesn't answer to the right question.
    It is very clear that we all have to learn by ourself what life and its experiences bring us by many ways. AhQ, your message shows us that you are a clever person who has been hurt a few times ago. Sure, we don't have to ask for help in such cases (we have to learn by our own), but (and I surely don't digress) English lessons are far away from life experiences, don't you think so?
    I suggest you propose your help to Caroline and perhaps will you learn that helping somebody can also bring joy into your heart. Courage !!!!

Kisses from KateWoman

Please sign in to leave a comment.