Today, July 13, were you suffering from triskaidekaphobia?
If you were, you are superstitious.
Today triskaidekaphobia was the word of the day.
You aren’t likely to come across that word in any dictionary. Though it’s snuggling into mine.
Who learned ancient Greek at school can easily see it breaks down this way:
triskaideka (13) [treis (3) + kai (and) + deka 10)] + phobos (fear).
The superstition consisting of a fear of number 13 has been nurtured in the Christian culture. It’s linked with the last Holy Supper where Judas came as the thirteenth guest to drive an ominous heading to the story.

Most of the GG users are certainly not superstitious and maybe think at it with a touch of humour. For my part, I find it an easy number for airports runways. Runways are numbered by their orientation in tenths of magnetic degrees. Runway 13 is drawn around 130°. The same runway in opposite direction is numbered 31 (around 310°). Quite easy for a visual approach because the downwind 310° leads to the final towards 130°. And vice-versa for runway 31. None other runway can be praised for such a mere reversal of figures. (01/19 ; 02/20 ; 03/21 ; and so on… but 13/31 !)

Would you take me for a crackpot? for a mentally sick person? Ask my doctor. He’s called Doctor Dictionary. Go to doctor@dictionary.com .
You’ll be provided with the Word of the Day for Friday, July 13, 2007
triskaidekaphobia \tris-ky-dek-uh-FOH-bee-uh\, noun:
A morbid fear of the number 13 or the date Friday the 13th.
… and some quotations going along.