Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Story for and by very beginners only

There are so many beginners telling they would chat in English but putting no topic forward.
I invite anyone to write some lines hereafter.
However I think the rule should be that any writer starts with the last sentence(s) of the former writer and goes on with something that makes sense. The aim is not to write a novel that could claim the Pulitzer Prize but simply be a chance of practicing English with simple plain words.
Besides, saying again the last sentence of the former writer should open the opportunity to correct possible mistakes.

More advanced learners whose pen is itching should rather go on with the Amy's Bloody Yarn.
Here beginners only.
Plain words, simple speaking.

25 comments

• Let's get started.

My tailor is not rich.
    Is it false? Is it true?
    In fact, it is neither false, nor true.
    Do you know why?
  • You ask if I know why?
    Of course I know.
    You have no tailor at all.
  • I do not have any tailor. It is true. Because I buy my clothes from department stores. I am sure that Horatio has not got any tailor as well. Does he buy clothes from department stores or boutiques? Who could answer this serious question? When Horatio lived in the jungle, he did not wear anything, he lived undressed like most living animals over there. Now he has not got rid of that habit yet and keeps living nude in his Delavigne laboratory.
    You who are reading me, tell me your opinion. Should Horatio wear a vine leaf (translation of 'feuille de vigne' in my dictionary) in the Delavigne laboratory?
  • No, Horatio musn't wear a vine leaf. He simply carries lot of vine leaves in his hands because vine leaves are major ingredients in Delavigne perfumes.
    Of course when Horatio leaves the lab he also leaves the leaves.
  • Hi!!
    I´m a beginner. I have some mistakes that i can´t to avoid for.
    please if i write some sentences wrong just tell me.
    I do no t where i can start. just i want to say that i have a strong feeling to learn english, it is very important for me and for my boss. jejeje.
    just tell me what can i do to improve my english. my main problem is when i can to speak englis to somebody, my tongue is frozen!!

Thanks in advance for your help.
    regards

From Gee:
    There are so many beginners telling they would chat in English but putting no topic forward.
    However I think the rule should be that any writer starts with the last sentence(s) of the former writer and goes on with something that makes sense. The aim is not to write a novel that could claim the Pulitzer Prize but simply be a chance of practicing English with simple plain words.
    Besides, saying again the last sentence of the former writer should open the opportunity to correct possible mistakes.

More advanced learners whose pen is itching should rather go on with the Amy's Bloody Yarn.
    Here beginners only.

• To deseret

I never heard that the verb AVOID could be used with the preposition FOR. It's a transitive verb. If I were in your shoes I'd say:
    "There are mistakes that I can't avoid making."
    Or the same meaning otherwise: "I can't help making certain mistakes."

Your main problem is that when having to speak English to somebody your tongue gets frozen.
    If I were you, I'd think to myself: Relax! Relax! Calm down! Don't worry! And I would grin in my heart.
  • l red the informations about the beginers, though is instructed for english learning fellow only, but please can i ask for a favor? am having problem in French language, am in France but am finding it very difficult to interact with people; my problem is to learn French. Am looking up to read from a good Sameritan. From Nelly
  • my tailor is not rich because my tailor is me...i like to cut in old clothes to make new clothes ...
  • From Gee:

Here beginners only.

could you explain what is topic : i cann't find this word in my dictionnary ! thank you

Please sign in to leave a comment.