Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Story for and by very beginners only

There are so many beginners telling they would chat in English but putting no topic forward.
I invite anyone to write some lines hereafter.
However I think the rule should be that any writer starts with the last sentence(s) of the former writer and goes on with something that makes sense. The aim is not to write a novel that could claim the Pulitzer Prize but simply be a chance of practicing English with simple plain words.
Besides, saying again the last sentence of the former writer should open the opportunity to correct possible mistakes.

More advanced learners whose pen is itching should rather go on with the Amy's Bloody Yarn.
Here beginners only.
Plain words, simple speaking.

25 comments - page 3

• many years later ,a strange man came to the village .he came across some women and asked about the house of the couple Darusha.the young ladies where amazed,they had never herd about this name.in fact ,the story was so strange,parents kept it secretly.on they way to the village ,they would meet an old woman .at the first sight ,she stood up tree, glancing at the new comer.she was reminding the face and wondering if it was possible.Darusha was back ;the same face,the same weight,the same color of eyes.Darusha knew this face too. people where gathering.the man was fourty , fifty years ago and now he was fourty .the old woman was teenage but she recognized the face of her uncle Darush...
    hi, this is my contribution.thanks Gee fr the idear.
  • many years later ,a strange man came to the village .he came across some women and asked about the house of the couple Darusha.the young ladies where amazed,they had never herd about this name.in fact ,the story was so strange,parents kept it secretly.on they way to the village ,they would meet an old woman .at the first sight ,she stood up tree, glancing at the new comer.she was reminding the face and wondering if it was possible.Darusha was back ;the same face,the same weight,the same color of eyes.Darusha knew this face too. people where gathering.the man was fourty , fifty years ago and now he was fourty .the old woman was teenage but she recognized the face of her uncle Darush...
    hi, this is my contribution.thanks Gee fr the idear.
  • Hi Clara,

At the time I wrote it, there was thriving in this lounge a "Bloody Yarn" (a very long tale) that someone going by the name of Amy has started asking anyone to write to make the tale go on. It worked for some time but in the long term it came out in a end, without any end of the story. We haven't heard from Amy for long time. I wonder if she is still living! (lol)

I wish that your pen be itching and that you often come here down.
    Cordially,
    Gee
  • Thanks Mamoud for going ahead with your tale.
    Hereafter is it, the two sequences in a row. I fixed some bugs in the second tip as you agreed I did for the first part. I appreciate your sense of tales.
    Would you like to go ahead with it here and then? You might copy the two first episodes under a new title (a new thread). Easy to do with copy and paste.
    You might also let some other people imagine the follow up of your story.
    It’s up to you to decide. Let us know.

There was a time when a sailor was travelling in the boss’ ship. He was married to a beautiful woman, but when the sailor was on board his wife was feeling ill. Nobody in the woman’s village knew what was happening to her, and nobody could help her. Besides they didn't have any way to tell her husband what was happening. After about two months the woman died. She got buried in the local cemetery. When the sailor returned home, he got to know the tragedy. So he decided to commit suicide. But first he went to the cemetery and put off the body of his wife. He took it and carried it to the sea. Then, he began to walk along the sand beach until disappearing. Nobody ever heard again of this couple.

Many years later, a strange man came to the village. He came across some women and asked about the house of the couple Darusha. The young ladies where amazed, they had never heard about that name. In fact ,the story was so strange, parents had kept it secret. On their way to the village, they met an old woman. At first sight, she stood up a tree, glancing at the newcomer. She was reminding the face and wondering if it could be possible. Darusha was back! Same face, same weight, same color of eyes. Darusha knew this face too. People were gathering. Fifty years ago the man was forty, and now he was forty! At that time the old woman was teenage but she recognized the face of her uncle Darush...
  • Excuse me, but Is it "will write again", no? That happend me for write wihtout looking!

Please sign in to leave a comment.