The Delavigne Corporation

SURPRISE

In my lesson today I found this very strange sentence " Never look a gypsy in the eye, they will steal your soul and you wallet "
I am not quite sure I have understood it well, if yes, I am very cocked with such a decalaration.
Regards
eric

11 comments

• It's tru concerning the wallet!
  • It's true concerning the soul either!

To look someone in the eye(s) is to look directly at someone without fear or shame. "I felt so embarrassed - I just couldn't look him in the eye."
    But by looking at someone in the eye, you can't hide anything anymore, you get naked. "Look me in the eyes and tell me the truth."

In the sentence you tip, Eric, the hypnosis is working, a man to man relation where one takes power over the other.
    Gypsy eyes see and seldom weep.
    Whoever looks in gypsy eyes fall asleep.
    Gypsy eyes sweep all over very deep.

But I wonder why you posted the sentence here about the Delavigne Corporation. I can't find out any Gypsy in the Delavigne staff or in the surroundings.
  • From Eric Beauverger:
    In my lesson today I found this very strange sentence " Never look a gypsy in the eye, they will steal your soul and you wallet "
    I am not quite sure I have understood it well, if yes, I am very cocked with such a decalaration.
    Regards
    eric

Hello all, perhaps the author of this exercise was not referring to the Roma people per se, but rather the elephant who goes by the name of 'Gypsy'?

Have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy_%28elephant%29

I for one think that there has been a terrible misunderstanding here.

What do you think?
  • From Eric Beauverger:
    Regards
    eric

Hello Eric,

nice to meet you.

What exactly do you mean by 'cocked'?

This is an interesting use of the term 'cock' with which I am not familiar. Could you please elaborate?
  • From Eric Beauverger:
    Regards
    eric

From Sir Lawrence Laughsalot:

Hello all, perhaps the author of this exercise was not referring to the Roma people per se, but rather the elephant who goes by the name of 'Gypsy'?

Have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy_%28elephant%29

I for one think that there has been a terrible misunderstanding here.

What do you think?

• Hello Frannie The Pant Monster. I love your nickname.

I was believe that 'cocked' comes from the term to 'cock' your hat at a jaunty angle: to give something your 'thumbs up', as the saying is going.

I think that Eric is pleasantly surprised at tthis decalaration.
  • Hello Pant Monster and Conchord-

Nice to meet you both!

I'm making many friends today (2, so far)

Are you saying that 'cocked' means 'happy'? Because by this logic, I've been told on several occasions that 'I have a big happiness'...

Thanks in advance for your convoluted reply.
  • Earl, welcome to the forum. It's a great place to meet new aristocrats. I would certainly love for some of your happiness right now, as a gypsy stole mine when I gave her all of my money and my soul.
  • Hello all!

My handle is based on two of the three gifts of the magi to the sweet baby jesus (the other one is chili powder I think)

I just wanted to say that I think Eric meant 'shocked' and not 'cocked'.

I hope this solves the great cock debate of the gymglish forum.

Peace out, blouses.

Please sign in to leave a comment.