Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

How do you work with Gymglish ?

I am very satisfied with Gymglish but I would like to learn better, to speak better...

How do you do to complete the lessons ? Have you methods to memorize the daily vocabulary ?
How do you train to talk using new words ?
How do you train to speak in flowery language ?

Thanks for your advice

18 comments

• I know just a way... speak, speak and speak as often is possible.
    I work a lot and I am not very good in English but I think when we try it is good
    Mouska
  • I think it is the best way too. Speak and praticse every day.

From Mouska:
    I know just a way... speak, speak and speak as often is possible.
    I work a lot and I am not very good in English but I think when we try it is good
    Mouska

• Me too. I'm very satisfied with Gymglish but like you. I ask myself how I can learn more vocabularies. Just now I had an idea. Learn only one , two or three new words per day. Use them in 10 sentences and find somebody to speack about those new words.
    Good luck
    gmm

From Zina:
    I am very satisfied with Gymglish but I would like to learn better, to speak better...

How do you do to complete the lessons ? Have you methods to memorize the daily vocabulary ?

Thanks for your advice

• Hello,

I have the same problems.
    I'm learning for 6 months, seriously. But my evaluation is still the same.

I know i'm doing many mistakes when i'm writing, and I don't know how I can do differently ??

see U

Sams
  • From Mouska:
    I know just a way... speak, speak and speak as often is possible.
    Mouska

From sams:
    Hello,

I know i'm doing many mistakes when i'm writing, and I don't know how I can do differently ??

see U

Sams

From zmarie:
    I think it is the best way too. Speak and praticse every day.

From sams:
    Hello,

see U

Sams

From Zina:

Thanks for your advice

From sams:
    Hello,

see U

Sams

From sams:
    Hello,

see U

Sams

• Mouska

I believe that your joining in the forum is a way to practice your english.I use three ways to memorize the vocabulary.First I read the word, second I write the word. third I try to use it in a sentence.In other words I try to use all my memories:logical memory, auditive memory and visual memory.This is my way to do it.I hope it can help you.

Florian
  • Hye everybody,
    it's the first timle I come to the forum. I'm in the same situation. But I think that writing in english is one way but speaking is another problem. It's more difficult, and we aren't able with Gymglish to make this very important exercise.
    The forum is a good idea but it's not enough.
    I great solution would be to propose somme phone conversations !!! and speak with each other....

Have a good day

Tanat
  • to practice english we have perhaps to try to read a short story and to look after the new words in the Dictionary; Now how to spell or how to understand people talking; we can follow english programs and try from time to time to speak loudly, english programs show us how our level has encreased and sure if we can find some one who is good at english and try to speak with him will be more better.

Good luck and perseverance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I totally agree with Mouska, zmarie, gmm, florian and all the others who daily visit the Gymglish story. Learning a foreign language is not a trifle.

I'd like to tell how I am working:

Every day I get my Gymglish lesson. Of course it's easy to me because I am unemployed (though not being on the dole), so I have spare time to learn.
    Beforehand I just listened to the audio files.
    From some days on I have been getting used to WRITE DOWN THE AUDIO FILED TEXT .
    It that way I get obliged to precise the very words of the speakers and not only the general meaning of the item.
    There are always some words that I can't make out because the speakers are uttering in a real normal speed of speaking. After many listenings, if I cannot make the words out, I give up. But I get the answer with the corrections.

To learn to speak orraly, I take part in a weekly meeting of English conversation in my neighbourhood.
    But my major concern is about understanding. That's why I try to listen to English as much as possible.
    I think that listening to BBC World Service when driving is a good habit because there only news broadcasted, easier to understand that live chats.
    I frequently set my telly on BBC1. By setting the teletext on 888 you get the subtitling of the speech. Don't use it for live broadcasts for the sutitling comes well later than the speech but do it with prerecorded broadcasts as to get the written text at the same time as the spoken one.

Please sign in to leave a comment.