Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

How do you work with Gymglish ?

I am very satisfied with Gymglish but I would like to learn better, to speak better...

How do you do to complete the lessons ? Have you methods to memorize the daily vocabulary ?
How do you train to talk using new words ?
How do you train to speak in flowery language ?

Thanks for your advice

18 comments - page 2

• Hello everyone,

For me, as I live near Quebec City in Canada, on TV there are mostly American programs and films in English, which I watch all the time. I'll try to fin time to look at the BBC Channel, surely there is less american slang. Thank you Gee.

As for my way of learning. I listen to the audio part of the lesson 2 or 3 times. Then when I receive my corrections, I read out loud the transcript so I hear who I sound... and correct myself.

I have no problem speaking with an english-speaking individual, but with a french-speaking I'm kind of shy...

I rarely ask for vocabulary as the translation of the words are not put in context with the audio file. "Bien dommage".

Have a nice day or night.

Bye from Quebec

Franette
  • Hello Franette!
    This is Willy, The Security Guard (of the Delavigne Corp.)
    I just read your comment concerning the voca modul wich is not 'put into the context' of your GymGlish audio-text. Do you have any examples of such mistakes? You know, I've my ways and I can directly tranfer your request to the GymGlish Team...
    My Best,
    Willy.

From Franette:
    Hello everyone,

For me, as I live near Quebec City in Canada, on TV there are mostly American programs and films in English, which I watch all the time. I'll try to fin time to look at the BBC Channel, surely there is less american slang. Thank you Gee.

As for my way of learning. I listen to the audio part of the lesson 2 or 3 times. Then when I receive my corrections, I read out loud the transcript so I hear who I sound... and correct myself.

I have no problem speaking with an english-speaking individual, but with a french-speaking I'm kind of shy...

I rarely ask for vocabulary as the translation of the words are not put in context with the audio file. "Bien dommage".

Have a nice day or night.

Bye from Quebec

Franette

• HI, HOW ARE YOU
  • Hello Zahia !

I'm fine, thank you !
    I'm in a calm room, just in front of my computer...
    I'm talking with sympathic Gymglish users and everythins is all right...
    I want to light a fire in the chimney but I have to come out to take some wood to do it.
    Do I wait a little to send my husband in the garden to take the logs or do I come out and take them.
    Then I shall light the fire and when he will come in, he wil be very happy to sit in front of the flames...
    Let'us think about it just a minut and take a decison...

Bye ! Bye ! Have a nice evening Zahia !
  • Speaking with somebody or discuss via the forum are very good, so we need help for correct our broken english and broken sentences.

Mamou
  • From Mamou:
    Speaking with somebody or discuss via the forum are very good, so we need help for correct our broken english and broken sentences.

Mamou

Hi Mamou.
    I completely agree.
    There are two kinds of relationships.
    One is underlain by profit.
    The other is founded on mutual aid and friendship.
    Here you are with two instances of the latter stand.
    As a computer program system Linux is a free system constantly evolving thanks to millions of user throughout the world.
    In a similar way the encyclopedia Wikipedia is an open source collaboratively created and maintained by thousands of users worldwide. One has to put trust in it but it's well that one crosschecks the content.

For my part, I'm used to coming often on the forum. I'd like to be corrected too. Come on with a topic or your concerns, I'd be pleased to go along with it.
    You taught me that idiomatic expression: a broken English.
    In return I suggest that you always write English with a capital letter, as well as German, French, Spanish, American... (adj. or noun)
  • Thank you for your help Gee,
    I didn't understand all of your reply. For exemple "underlain by profit".

The first time where I heard this idiomatic expression, I liked a lot and remembered it. Where can I find the encyclopedia Wikipedia.

Thank you again for your kind help.
  • From Mamou:
    Thank you for your help Gee,
    I didn't understand all of your reply. For exemple "underlain by profit".

The first time where I heard this idiomatic expression, I liked a lot and remembered it. Where can I find the encyclopedia Wikipedia.

Thank you again for your kind help.

underlain is the past participle of underlie.
    To underlie, underlay, underlain.
    to underlie (vt), here, is to be at the basis, at the foundation of.
    e.g. Ideas underlying a revolution.
    Profit underlies some kinds of human relationships.

Wikipedia is to be found at http://www.wikipedia.org/
  • My question is How do I to improve my english?

Hello, my name is Fanny, and is the first time that I enter in this forum, amd I´d like to improve my english, because my english is not so good, I feel that I miss many vocabulary and practising too. I am finishing my english course but I feel like, If I were in basic.

Please sign in to leave a comment.