Comments about the English forum

gymglish, what a owl initiative!

Waow, my first lesson is finish and I hope my results will be right... my English is very approximate.
I say bravo for the gymglish initator,
I say hello for everybody,
and good luck for us!

7 comments

• Caramba!
    Nice to meet you.
    Just finished your first lesson and right away you hop on into the forum.
    Great!
    All of us say you hello.

Besides you made us laugh like a drain!
    We didn't laugh like a whale because English whales do not laugh, only French whales laugh , that's why only French can "rire comme une baleine".

Similarly an initiative can be great, fantastic but not "owl" because owl in English is only a noun for nocturnal birds of prey.
    So the headline of the topic you started should have been written "gymglish, what a great initiative!"

Would you like to laugh with us at false friends jokes?
    Go to the "GymGlish Users and Visitors Lounge" in this very forum under topic "Joke(s) in English!", read the joke by Arlette on 02/22/2007 and Silky on 02/23/2007.
    Wish you a big laugh!
  • Mhm...
    And me, I laugh like a owl whales :-)... Yes it's true, the whales are just a little smile but what is a drain? A drain? Like in french? Laughing like a drain and raining dogs and cats, English is very strange to...

Really, I find your lessons are very "fantastic"! I send it at a lot of persons thanks to your "Recommend Gymglish to a freind". And it's very good to have sound to! Because reading it's easy (mhm), but to hear and understand... It's an other thing.

I go now to see the Arlette's joke,

Have a nice day

ps: The "owl" stay in the tittle, I can change it! That will be for the everybody's "bonne humeur"
  • I can't, Caramba! I can't...
  • A wise old owl lived in an oak;
    The more he saw, the less he spoke;
    The less he spoke, the more he heard:
    Why can't we be like that bird?

EXCEPT when we learn English with Gymglish because:

The more we learn, the more we know;
    The more we know, the more we want to learn;
    The more we want to learn, the more we venture to speak;
    The more we venture to speak, the more pals we make!
    Why can't we all be like the active members of the Forum?
  • Oh Silky!
    There had been a while since we could read your tips of a first-rate English!
    What a pleasure we had at reading such a relevant writing!
    Just hope it will shake out some sluggish GGuser.
  • Thank you for your :-) ,Caramba.
  • It took me a while to understand what you meant by 'owl' in this sentence. Now I get it, and it's very cute! Chouette, indeed!

Please sign in to leave a comment.