2 - I'm skil to take care of baby
3 - I'm skill to garden
4 - I'm skill to cook
5 - I haven't much computer skills

I'm not sure that is right.

gmm

27 comments - page 2

• Hello Monette,

I can only speak for me. I listen to a lot of radio and television in English and repeat the words so they sound alike. Example: THE = put your tongue between your front teeth and let the air slide out of your mouth with a sound. This is the hardest I think.

If anyone could give us a sentence tongue twister to repeat that would be great!!

Thanks

Franette ;-)
  • Hi, Franette, do you know this one?
    A hunter who knows how to hunt knows how to hunt without his hunting dog.
  • Well, sorry I was mistaken, le chasseur sachant chasser is a -well known- French tongue twister and he makes your tongue twist far more than the hunter knowing how to hunt...

This reminds me of a twisted tale I find very funny.

Here it is:
    Prinderella and the Since and dare thirty weekend in LA
    Here, indeed, is a story that'll make your cresh fleep. It will give you poose gimples. Think of a poor little glip of a surl, prairie vitty, who, just because she had to sisty uglers, had to flop the moar, clinkle the shuvvers out of the stitchen cove and do all the other chasty nores, while her soamly histers went to a drancy bess fall. Wasn't that a shirty dame?
    Well, to make a long shorry stort, this youngless hapster was chewing her doors one day, when who should suddenly appear but a garry fawdmother. Beeling very fadly for this witty prafe, she happed her clands, said a couple of waggic merds, and in the ash of a flybrow, Cinderella* was transformed into a bavaging reauty. And out at the sturbcone stood a nagmificent coalden goach, made of a pipe rellow yumpkin. The gaudy fairmother told her to hop in and dive to the drance, but added that she must positively be mid by homelight. So, overmoash with accumtion, she fanked the tharry from the hottom of her bart, bimed acloard, the driver whacked his crip, and off they went in a dowd of clust.
    Soon they came to a casterful wundel, where a pransome hince was possing a tarty for the teeple of the pown. Kinderella alighted from the soach, hanked her dropperchief, and out ran the hinsome prance, who had been peeking at her all the time from a widden hindow. The sugly isters stood bylently sigh, not sinderizing Reckognella in her goyal rarments.
    Well, to make a long shorty still storer, the nince went absolutely pruts over the pruvvly lincess. After several dowers of antsing, he was ayzier than crevver. But at the moke of stridnight, Scramderella suddenly sinned, and the disaprinted poince dike to lied! He had forgotten to ask the nincess her prame! But as she went stunning down the long reps, she slicked off one of the glass kippers she was wearing, and the pounce princed upon it with eeming glize.
    The next day he tied all over trown to find the lainty daydy whose foot slitted that fipper. And the ditty prame with the only fit that footed was none other than our layding leedy. So she finally prairied the mince, and they happed livily after everward.
    * Parze pleedon me for nelling the spame in such a morrect cranner.

Anyone here able to straighten this up and translate it into gorrest Enclich?
  • Hello,
    In addition to your exercise ex. "the" and "thrue", you can put your finger on your toungue wile your toungue is smoothely between your teeth (up & down part) and spell out it works from the first time.
    Thanks for the funny tale Saba
    Regards
  • Reverting to Franette's request some time ago, here are a few tongue-twisters I found here and there…
    - Animal grace:
    Six slimy snails sailed silently.
    Six sleek swans swam swiftly southwards.
    These buzzing bumblebees are dizzyingly busy.
    - Mental arithmetic:
    How many boards could the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?
    - The dangers of DIY:
    Did Dick Pickens prick his pinkie pickling cheap cling peaches or framing his famed French finch photos?
    - The Queen:
    Elizabeth's birthday is on the third Thursday of this month.
    - Typically English:
    There was a little witch which switched from Chichester to Ipswich.
    - Typically American:
    She was sure she saw the sherif's shoes on the sofa.
    - Logic:
    If you notice this notice, you will notice it’s not worth noticing.
    I would if I could! But I can't, so I won't!
    A loyal warrior will rarely worry why we rule.

If you want more (far more!...) of these, just take a look at the following site: http://www.uebersetzung.at/twister/en.htm
    And, by the way, do you know the French word for “tongue-twister”? It is “virelangue”. Cute, isn’it?
  • I want to have a good pronounciation in english, I hope that you'll go help me for learning a good english.
    Thank you
  • From gmm:
    Who want make sentences with this word :skill

1 - I have lot of skills.
    3 - I'm skill to garden
    4 - I'm skill to cook

gmm

• Hello GMM,

I hope you like this.

I Skill = Ability
    1 When I teach I want my students to develop the 4 skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
    2 Her skill as a saleswoman is great.
    3 The manager showed little
    organizational skill.
    4 A lot of people have skill at doing crosswords.

That's all for today

Have a lovely day.
  • From gmm:
    Who want make sentences with this word :skill

1 - I have lot of skills.
    3 - I'm skill to garden
    4 - I'm skill to cook

gmm

Please sign in to leave a comment.