English Vocabulary

The best way to improve his vocabulary

Hi everybody!

The best way to improve his vocabulary is to read a lot. As you read you will come across some words that you do not understand. Save them into a database.
Then review them regularly.
Later this will enable you to use them in your speaking and writing. This way the words learned will become a part of your "active vocabulary".

Remember this scheme: Read text---Save new words you do not know----Review them regularly---use them in your speaking and writing.

Bye!

8 comments

• Your pieces of advice are quite relevant and you've to be thanked for. If you don't mind, I just want to add that the GG workbook includes a headline "Vocabulary". Learners shouldn't fail to use it on a daily basis.

I'd have written your topic headline: How to improve one's vocabulary.
  • It's a good advice! I'll try to do it. Promise!
  • From rubita:
    It's a good advice! I'll try to do it. Promise!

I you try let me know whether it works or not.
  • hello
    i can't understand english and i want ameliorate my states in this language .can you help me?
  • From Lilia Gharbi:
    hello
    i can't understand english and i want ameliorate my states in this language .can you help me?

The secret consists in reading a lot of books on your favorite subjets...For example, I'm a painter and drawer and I love God and his Word. So I read in English about these themes.I'm partly deaf so conversation are useless to learn a language for me. Read a lot and look for the definition in your dictionary tirelessly and you will improve. OK? Bye bye!
  • From Lilia Gharbi:
    hello

The secret consists in reading a lot of books on your favorite subjets...For example, I'm a painter and drawer and I love God and his Word. So I read in English about these themes.I'm partly deaf so conversation are useless to learn a language for me. Read a lot and look for the definition in your dictionary tirelessly and you will improve. OK? Bye bye!
  • Hi everybody,

It is true we have to read a lot of books and learn many words to increase our vocabulary. However, our aim is speaking and writing English fluently, So you have to listen, pronounce, write the words you are learning in order to make them active for you. You would be able to use them when you want in your speaking and writing. Also you would be able to recognize them when they are pronounced by native speakers.

Bye !
  • From travers:

Please sign in to leave a comment.