Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

hello!

I'm new to this forum, I'm french and I search a person who can help me because I have to pass an exam in english and I'm not a very goog speaker. If you can speak with me and correct me, whe can talk about diferents topics! thanks

23 comments - page 2

• Rigorous mother hides loving heart.

To forestine,
    Don't fail to keep us posted about how it went by this afternoon.

• Ok, now I'm not really understanding all responses but I promise sunday to take my friendly dictionary for traduce!!(because tomorrow I have an important "simulation of exam").

Hello Gee!
    I'm sorry I have practise for long time equitation and I dream effectively to horses because I want to restart again equitation one day, wen I were a professor. In this moment I have stopt this sport but I will (if I can) build one one day.
    When I were teenager I have one and I made equitation in a club at Gemenos and after at Aix-en Provence in France (with faculty of Letters).
    Your wife like animals? have you got anyone?
    See you!
    cynhia
  • hello Gee and Cyn : my daughter (nearly 18) went out with her bag , very angry....we were very anxious because we are at about 25 kms of the town and we didn't have any news until half past seven in the afternoon...I had phoned to her oldest sister (24) and she arrived to hear her little sister on her telephone portable....the little have taken the train to Poitiers where the oldest one is student, and she was with a friend...(We know this girl who went twice at home) so we were reassured for the evening and the night !
    But after !!!? it's seems she doesn't know what to do: stop the lycee , work but she knows it is not easy at 17 without diploma etc etc ..she loves her young horse that is in a club near here ...actually she don't have energy enough to ride her sweety mare often enough (and probably not at all this week end )....
    I think she is destabilized by this time, but she is refusing any help from us or others to find HER OWN WAY !
    Good sunday, everybody
  • Hello Forestine79 and others !
    I'm not in such troubles for the moment but I am thinking of you and feeling for you. today was a very sunny day in paris and I met friends in the morning to visit Montmartre. We had a guide and I learnt many interesting historical stories about the different places. In the Ternes square we saw many painters for tourists but suddenly among all those daubs, I saw a very interesting painting. A little paysage in beige and soft pink colors. I have only 3 paintings in my home and each was love at the first sight. For one of them, it was a drunky day and we went down in a cellar near Beabourg for another drink (one more). Descending the stairs I saw a painting : it was like sand and water in the bottom of the ocean with some pieces of wood as boat remains. I bought it... Nowadays, this painting is a marvellous dream for me when I look at it.
    Forestine79, perhaps you have such a painting or a picture that would take you in a good dream and help you to pass through the bad days with your girl looking for her own way...
    Have a nice saturday night !
  • dear Zina ....my daughter went to meet her sister today, and this one called me "she is coming back to Niort this evening, but she want to sleep by her friend (in our village)...she will come back home to-morrow morning !
    Yesterday evening I finished to read a book "je marche " (I Walk) about the account of a young woman with a very complete paralysis "locked in syndrom"....it could sadden (and it is sad) but it is a great lesson of life !
    This morning, I had to keep the library of the village (managed by several volunters!!So I have read again and again some text from "Jean Claude Grumberg" (do you know him ?)
    Now I am on MSN with my oldest daughter returned from the Poitiers station !
    Good by
  • Take heart, Forestine!

So your daughter, 17, has left the nest to stand on her own two feet. You can’t help, Forestine. Begin by expecting good things to happen. Isn’t life the best teacher?

She owns a sweet mare waiting for her just nearby the nest? A good bait, no? Besides when people get fed up of people, they develop soft spots for animals, for pets if of modest means, for horses if well-off.
    Now hearing she is back, is she back for you, for the mare, for her friend... The Lord has his ways, as they say at the church.

That’s amazing! Cynthia.. your daughter… I wonder if any young French girl has her own horse. Hopefully Zina prefers collecting paintings than horses. I am not dreaming, am I? Not of the horse, I never… just dreaming of the high economic standards of female French teenagers.

Joke aside, don’t worry. A mother like Forestine will never be disowned by her daughter.
    I’m gonna take your wish to the letter and spend a good Sunday.
    Gee

P.-S. About "portable telephone", never heard! Is it American? I suppose you mean "mobile phone". In France they say "mon portable". By my place, they say "mon GSM". I'm used to saying "my mobile".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To Zina

As I stay among "the others" pack or the addressees of your latest tip, I take your wish to the letter and I'm presently having the nice Saturday night you wished. Many thanks to you! Tough I put a capital S at your Saturday for mine has one. Why the hell did your keayboard drop out all its uppercases?

All I hope is that the forum software will any time soon allow you to show us a photograph of your paintings.
    Loves
    Gee
  • From Cyn:

Ok, now I'm not really understanding all responses but I promise sunday to take my friendly dictionary for traduce!!(because tomorrow I have an important "simulation of exam").

Hello Gee!
    I'm sorry I have practise for long time equitation and I dream effectively to horses because I want to restart again equitation one day, wen I were a professor. In this moment I have stopt this sport but I will (if I can) build one one day.
    When I were teenager I have one and I made equitation in a club at Gemenos and after at Aix-en Provence in France (with faculty of Letters).
    Your wife like animals? have you got anyone?
    See you!
    cynhia

Nice to read you again, Cyn.

1. Simulation has grown to be an efficient method to go further in more than one field.
    Pure sciences make simulation to verify hypotheses.
    Technical researchers use simulation to check operative systems.
    Skill trainers use simulators for technical and economical edges. Airliner pilots spend hours on expensive flight-simulators because it would still cost much more to fly an aircraft.
    Did the exam simulation make you fit for taking the real one? What was the matter ?

Of course simulation was not hatched yesterday! As for the origins of mankind, women -and men too, have I to admit- simulate for the best, whereas tarts, whores and trollops use simulation for dirty tricky means. Nothing to do, of course, with your exam simulation!

2. I answer your question: My wife has got three dwarf goats (I’m not sure to be right saying dwarf goat) somewhere in a pen in the country. Some times ago she had a donkey. Every week she rides a horse on an indoor ring, now and again enjoying jumping.

3. I guess your latest message was written in a rush because some mistakes pepper it.

You said traduce for translate. Traduce means betray, expose to shame by means of lie.
    If you don't ride horses anymore by now, you should say: I practised for a long time. If you were still riding these days, you should say: I have practised for a long time.
    "to build one" What would you build, a building, a haras? a stable?

Here is a part of your message as I'd have written it:
    "I went horse riding for a long time and in fact, I dream of horses because I want to start again riding one day, when I am a professor.(!!? teacher?). At the moment I don't ride but I will (if I can) buy a horse sometime.
    When I was teenager I had one and I rode in a club at Gemenos and later at Aix-en Provence (with faculty of Letters)."
    Warning: Mistakes may possibly be left.
    Note: a professor teachs at University. Still a long way to go, Cynthia.

4. Would you need a appropriate dictionary to help reading Harry Potter?
    Take a glance at the "Potter & Collins" dictionary. <http://www.harrydico.net/collins/index2.php>

Here at my place it’s sky clear. The sun and the moon don't shine here over as they are used to shini
  • Yersterday (our saturday) evening, my husband visited his mother, as he does every week to carry some food. When he came home he carried oysters and shrimps. We had a very good diner !
    About the concern of being collecting paintings, I don't think that collecting is a good thing. Some times ago, when I began travelling, I bought objects but now I don't. The first reason is that I think that things are better in their own world, like people are.
    I think I'll travel less in the future. Only Siberia will be my second world when russian government will be human !
    Have a nice sunday !
  • hello Gee,
    could you explain me what do you mean with " I'm gonna take your wish..." in your reply yesterday ?
    Our daughter (17 ) came back yesterday evening in thre village but not at home ! My husband had to take her at 25 kms at the exit of the town : she was back for more than one hour (it was half past ten p.m ); she called her sister in Poitiers and this one said "you must call dad and mam, instead I do it !"
    The oldest one (we adopted her when she was baby!) made also many important troubles (with violences) when she was teenager and she is so sweat now...it's comforting !!!! she said me yesterday evening "it's just the age ...and the schoolyear when she was 16 with several dead around us !"
    Now we wait again...the sun is shining and that is good !
  • hello Zina,
    I agree absoloutly with you when you say "I don't think that collecting is a good thing "..and then now many people travels (s or not s ?) and the TV shows many things and it's better not to have everything anywhere : in that case it would be the same word everywhere !
    I think also that we have many things to see, to visit , to hear , to live , all around us and planes are so pollutant !!
    have a very good (sunny ?) day !

Please sign in to leave a comment.