Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

hello!

I'm new to this forum, I'm french and I search a person who can help me because I have to pass an exam in english and I'm not a very goog speaker. If you can speak with me and correct me, whe can talk about diferents topics! thanks

23 comments - page 3

• You are right, Forestine79, it was a sunny day but so cold in the morning. My husband went out with his bicycle... and went home a short moment after beacause he was too cold.
    This afternoon, I went to the movies in a Culture House in Aulnay-sous-bois, not so far away from home to see a documentary about Vietnamese "roving souls". It tells the story of old soldiers of the war who are looking for the mortal remains of their died comrads. In vietnam, when someone die, his family has to bury him and to do death rituals. If they don't, the soul come and rove for eternity. After the film we had a debate. It seems that after the war people were too poor to try to find the bodies of their men or women died during the war. Now the economic situation is better but many of the tombs had been moved in official graveyard under the reference "unknown".
    Many families employ soothsayers to find the members of their family. It's a business. More of that Five different armies went in Vietnam to fight. Many people died and people think that all the died people are roving in the country. This is not good for living people. That's why the day of the seventh full moon of the year a ceremony is organized to pray for all those "roving souls".
    This story is very interesting but the documentary was not so good. The director is very young and he has to improve himself.
    Tomorrow i Herad that the transport strike is going to continue. This is a well-known feature in France. A hard day is coming for people living and trying to work in France-Island (Paris area).
  • To Forestine
    I realize that you don't track the hundrum routine of a boring standard path of life. Good to you! Your story makes me think of friends of mine living in Englefontaine, North of France. They adopted 5 children. The story of their elder ones, South-Korean, is very much like this of your eldest girl.

What I meant with "I’m gonna take your wish to the letter and spend a good Sunday". You had sent me wishes of a good Sunday. And I wanted your wishes come true!
    to take sthg to the letter : to take it for what the words say in their strict, first degree significance. French has the same twin idiomatic expression.
    Take heart! Never succumb! You'll win for life.

• Hi, Im victor from mexico, I recomended to you: Look for a real english speaker, because its better if a natural speaker corrects to you than an student. a student can have mistakes and you´ll never know.

Any time

From Cyn:
    I'm new to this forum, I'm french and I search a person who can help me because I have to pass an exam in english and I'm not a very goog speaker. If you can speak with me and correct me, whe can talk about diferents topics! thanks

• From vics:

Hi, Im victor from mexico, I recomended to you: Look for a real english speaker, because its better if a natural speaker corrects to you than an student. a student can have mistakes and you´ll never know.

Any time

Greetings Victor the Mexican.
    Your opinion about the opportunity of talking with a native comes just at the right moment to argue over the concerns shared by The Guardian Angel in the Grammar Column under his new thread "to mistake or not to mistake". Give it a glance and have your say.
    Until now nobody answered yet. I intend to do it but I need some time to ponder over.

Please sign in to leave a comment.