Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Need to talk

Hi every body i am Mr Le Grand from Senegal. It's my first time in the forum and want to better my speaking and reading.
Any contact or advise will be welcom.
Sorry if i do some mistake am francophone that's why i'am teaching english.
Thanks for your understanding
I am still waiting......

26 comments

• Welcome, Le Grand.

I wouldn't like you to wait any longer for getting answered.
    You are right as you want to better your English. Good idea!
    I'm neither an advisor nor a teacher, just a learner like you.
    Is there something I could help you with? I might possibly correct some mistakes that are spoiling your message.

Upper cases: Francophone, English, I (pronoun) need to be capitalized.
    Advise with an s is a verb. Advice with a c is a noun.
    Welcome takes an e at the end.
    You said you were teaching English. I presume you mean you are learning English. To teach here means to guide the studies of someone else.
    You should also put some punctuation marks here and there in your sentences.
    Finally I'd tell you that in the Western world people aren't used to introducing themselves as Mr or Mrs So-and-so. They just tell their name.

Don't feel sorry to make mistakes. I've just read on the top of one of my lessons "Your best teacher is your mistake." I would add ".. as long as they get corrected."
    So mistakes seem to be useful.
    Besides a mistake is simply another way of saying things. The main question is to get understood, isn't it?

So long,
    Gee
  • Hello mister Le Grand,
    You said:Sorry if i do some mistake am francophone that's why i'am teaching english!I guess you mean I'm learning English

From Gee:
    Welcome, Le Grand.

Is there something I could help you with? I might possibly correct some mistakes that are spoiling your message.

You said you were teaching English. I presume you mean you are learning English. To teach here means to guide the studies of someone else.
    Finally I'd tell you that in the Western world people aren't used to introducing themselves as Mr or Mrs So-and-so. They just tell their name.

Don't feel sorry to make mistakes. I've just read on the top of one of my lessons "Your best teacher is your mistake." I would add ".. as long as they get corrected."
    Besides a mistake is simply another way of saying things. The main question is to get understood, isn't it?

So long,
    Gee

From Gee:
    Welcome, Le Grand.

So long,
    Gee

• hi mrs le grand im francophone too and i want lear too...
    would you correspond with me??? i want to talk to wathever just practice my english.. you have a subject??? We can talk to your région, your culture...
    me i'm a québécoise. i wait your answer
    betty_boom
  • Maybe i'm a bit too inquisitive, but I've just heard that she is Quebecker!
  • From Le Grand:
    Hi every body i am Mr Le Grand from Senegal. It's my first time in the forum and want to better my speaking and reading.
    I am still waiting......

I am olso a bigining man as you will see I
    make many fault gramatical and expretion . salutartions
    frederic.

From Le Grand:
    I am still waiting......

• hi this my first time here...i like to meet people what can to teach little more..
  • Hello, my name is megan, i'm French too, and well a new "intruder" as well, lol, it would be cool to talk in English with s.o, answer me should u want to, bye
  • From Wilson Martinez:
    hi this my first time here...i like to meet people what can to teach little more..

I would like to meet people who can teach me some more...
    Very best wishes for this new year !
  • From Wilson Martinez:
    hi this my first time here...i like to meet people what can to teach little more..

hi my name is véronique, i really need to speack and learn english every day, can you help me ?

Please sign in to leave a comment.