English Vocabulary

Do you use music to improve your English ?

Hello GG users !
One of the most difficulties in learning language is to keep up your motivation.
I think that everybody have already been experienced it.

It is important to learn a language from things that are interesting to you. If you like music you can use it to learn English.

Recently, researchers have discovered numerous connections.

Here are some of findings :

1. Neurologists have found that language and music processing occur in the same area of brain.(Maess & Koelsch, 2001).

2. Learners from South Africa exposed to the instrumental music during intensive language courses, showed benefits for learning.(Puhl, 1989).

what is so helpful with music ?
First, they are written at a soft level for beginners. they are short and easy to understand. In addition, they are accompanied by rhythm and melody that make them much more memorable. Plus, they are plenty of repetitions.

Don't give up, don't frustrating. Enjoy your learning. If you enjoy your learning you will improve. So If you enjoy listening to music, use it to learn.

As usual, If you any comments let me know.

5 comments

• Hello 'djomanilian'!

I agree! And i love music too (do you love music too?!). During my long working hours, i listen croatian music and guess what?! Whi is improving his croatien? hum? guess! Me!!! And thanks to my improvment, I just get an increase - i'm now responsible of the gardening now in the Delavigne offices! yeah!

Ficus, Baobab, Graas, Draceana... Are my things!

Willy (The Security Guard of the Delavigne Corp. - croatian speaker)
  • Hi music lovers,

If you enjoy listening to music in order to improve your English, you might go to

http://www.simpleenglishnews.com/music.shtml

You can only listen to 6 (not sex) songs so far along with the lyrics. It could be a good beginning!
    C.W.
  • I don't know if youa are still therte, since these conversations were long time ago may be, I a m very interested in music and language learning in fact i have written a thesis teaching spanish with music in 2000 and still I use music sometomes in my class.
    I love music and I think is a pleasure to learn a language in order to enhance our senses, ideas and promote peace as well. Have you heard about Mozart or Vivalvi for children. In adults have resulted in the same line.
    Happy hearing from more commments!
    Regards
    Nina
  • I don't know if youa are still there, since these conversations were long time ago maybe,anyway, I am still very interested in music and language learning. In fact, I have written a thesis withe similar topic 'teaching spanish with music" in 2000 and still I use music sometomes in my class.
    I love music and I think is a pleasure to learn a language in order to enhance our senses, ideas and promote peace as well. Have you heard about Mozart or Vivalvi for children. In adults have results in the same line.
    Happy hearing from more commments!
    Regards
    Nina
  • Hi Nina,
    It is interesting that you wrote on this subject. I think you could post something about conclusion of your thesis. It would enjoy many of us. Thank you for comments !

Please sign in to leave a comment.