English Vocabulary

Hello to all, this is my first lesson, I would like know new friends for practic

Hello, if you are interested in learning as much as I invite you this language that we communicate this fabulous medium and so both improve our English.

I understand little, it takes me several minutes translating and editing this, but it does not matter because I am eager to learn English.

If you make contact, I answered you.
See you later...

73 comments - page 2

• Hello,

I just start this programm. I hope to learn some notions and, after a few mounth, communicate with different people.

For me, it's very difficult to understand. But if I don't try, I'll never succeed.

Thanks for your comprehension.

See you later...
  • We don't need any comprehension, Kathel. We are happy to welcome you.
    Wait and see. Or better, work and see. After a few months, you'll have learnt a lot of words, a lot of ideas, and even a notion of what to chat about.
  • From I will learn english:
    Hello, if you are interested in learning as much as I invite you this language that we communicate this fabulous medium and so both improve our English.

I understand little, it takes me several minutes translating and editing this, but it does not matter because I am eager to learn English.

See you later...

From Lucky bastard:
    Hello Chrystèle aka stellane.

First of all I thank you for your wishes but they won't come true because my car runs Michelin tyres and feels content with.

About your third sentence: I know a way to make your English get better right now. Just concentrate and think of English with a capital letter.

I also would like to communicate and I'd be happy to do it with someone like you. Do you think I could be accepted within your group of different persons? Until now I never came across a person looking like me. I'm sure I would be different of any other of the group.
    On this forum there is a cosy lounge for GymGlish users (like me and you) and visitors. I suggest you hold your meetings there.

Looking forward to being listed in you penfriends group, I wish you a happy New Year and a huge progress is English.

Your candidate,
    Lucky bastard

Hey, stellane, don't worry. I was kidding.
    Even on my Michelin tyres I can run a good year in 2008.
    You were absolutely right saying "communicate with different persons". In your sentence different is synonym of various, several. Correct!

• From I will learn english:

See you later...

From Lucky bastard:
    Hello Chrystèle aka stellane.

First of all I thank you for your wishes but they won't come true because my car runs Michelin tyres and feels content with.

About your third sentence: I know a way to make your English get better right now. Just concentrate and think of English with a capital letter.

I also would like to communicate and I'd be happy to do it with someone like you. Do you think I could be accepted within your group of different persons? Until now I never came across a person looking like me. I'm sure I would be different of any other of the group.
    On this forum there is a cosy lounge for GymGlish users (like me and you) and visitors. I suggest you hold your meetings there.

Looking forward to being listed in you penfriends group, I wish you a happy New Year and a huge progress is English.

Your candidate,
    Lucky bastard

Hey, stellane, don't worry. I was kidding.
    Even on my Michelin tyres I can run a good year in 2008.
    You were absolutely right saying "communicate with different persons". In your sentence different is synonym of various, several. Correct!

• Hi! my name is Fausto...I'm working in a transnational enterprise and currently my boss is an american person. She likes to make a meeting by phone and ask me to participate on it. I have a big problem coz' i cant heard her. She speak so so fast, seems like words are too closer between them and i can't understand the topic.
    Please Could anyone give me a tips for this issue? ThanX
    Best Regards!
  • To faustom
    I suppose you can "hear" your boss on the phone but you cannot understand her.

The first trick I could tell you is this one:
    Tell you boss: "Would you be so kind as to speak more slowly?"

Supposed your lady boss really needs you, you should get her agreement on the rule that you would acknowledge everything important she says. That means that you say again the main words or ideas she has emitted.
    If you can't acknowledge some words, she will be obliged to speak as slow as needed as to make herself understood.
    Bye,
  • to "faustom": I think Gee is right, the simple way to give a chance yourself to understand something from your boss is to ask her to speak slowly. My experience with American people was always nice, they are very polite and are happy to support people who tried to speak English, they are happy that somebody are learning the language, cause they are laisy to make it themselves.
    Cheers.
  • I'll learn english like you so please can you give me some links of good free courses thanks
  • hello I am a new member please help me to develop my english language
    thank 's
  • hello. i need to talk english and understand when someone speak. maybe you can helpme buy don´t know what is the procedure. can you contac me? ezequiel@index.com.mx thank you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.