Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Talking

We began to talk on the topic "Vocabulary--French to English" of the forum.
Below, this is my last message in response to Gee :

If tatiana and I were those women, we used russian and/or french because it's very difficult to speak russian fluently as English is (for me). tatiana speaks French fluently and I think I'll never speak russian like that neither English ! But I will try...

Thursday, I took the train TGV to go to Montpellier-La Grande Motte-Aigues-Mortes. Were you in the train Gee ? In the afternoon I visited the "salins du Midi". No sun, no rain but many wind. A spacious property (like Paris) with sand, water and salt. Sea, rose flamingos, sea gulls, some herons... As I was the only woman the salt-man gave me a salt rose (5 kilograms. I was very afraid when we climbed on the conveyor belt which carry salt at the top of the salt montain. At the top of the platform, we saw the high defensive walls of Aigues-Mortes. It was beautiful but the platform was shaked with the strong gusts of wind. I took many photos but I did'nt see the salt which shines under the sun. When we took the bus to go to the hotel, rain began to fall. Friday I was back in Paris with my salt rose. Gee or somebody else, did you see a woman with a salt rose of 5 kilos in the Lyon Railways Station Friday at 12 ?

58 comments - page 4

• Nice to meet you again with your diary, Zina.

Thank you for suggesting to go to Baden-Baden and watch the Chagall's paintings in natural light. Are you sure you visited the Chagall's exhibition rather than the Chagall exhibition? (on that awkward question of the 's genitive marker I beg you to refer to the forum column "Grammar")
    Exhibition on until 29th of October.

About the mushrooms, please be careful! Some mushrooms are good at eating, some others are bad for health, some worse than others. I guess you didn't eat the worst. We'd have lost you for ever and ever.
    It's amazing how many times you went roaming throughout woods for so much time.
    Of course mushrooms grow on moist soils. Bold woman as you are you got trapped in a bog! Good for us that you found your way again! Otherwise we would have missed your diary for ever and ever.

You ask yourself whether we worried about you? Of course we did! We are so fond of your diary. It's good for us, English learners.
    What we did during you being off? As for me, I roamed a lot over the Gymglish forum.

In closing the matter, we won't worry any more, we'll be happy!
    Be happy too, Zina.

From Zina:
    Hi everybody !

Once again I was out of town. First I went to Baden-Baden to visit the new museum Frieder Burda and see the Marc Chagall’s exhibition. This new museum enable to see the pictures in natural light. The museum was drawn by Richard Meier an American architect. In this place the Chagall’s painting exploded with colors !

After that, I came back in France to meet again my friends in Saône-et-Loire. Every year we meet together to gather mushrooms in our baskets and to look them under the microscope. We take pictures, we cook some of them, we eat many good meals and drink good wines. We spend many time in woods and this year I spend there more time than others because I got lost in a bog for one hour… Fortunately I recovered my way and I am back with you !
    For the moment I am in good health but some mushrooms are bad friends and it is possible to fall ill many days after eating them. Those are the worse.

Did you worry about me ? What have you done during the time I was out ?

• hi everyone in this forum.
    i am new contact for everyone who want it.
  • Hi cool4ever !

Once more I lost my text by using the button PREVIEW !
    Don't use it ! It seems that when there is more than one page, we can't use this function...

So... Nice to meet you on Gymglish Forum coll4ever and I hope to read you very often.

For the moment I am going to light some fire in the chimney because i'm a little cold. It will be the first time since last winter (or last spring).
    Bye ! Bye ! Read you latter !
  • HI EVERY BODY
  • hello Zina,
    your talks are very amusing, even if I don't really understand some topics.
    "For the moment I am going to light some fire in the chimney..." waoh I like taking coffé near chimeny.
  • Hi Buchette !
    Sorry but I was out of the forum for a long while.
    Next week I had no time to simply do my Gymglish work !
    In Paris, it seem’s that the temperatures are climbing down in this moment and very soon it will be very pleasant to be in front of the chimney again with logs burning in it.
    Yersterday, I went to Russian restaurant with people who learn Russian with me. It was a very nice moment and we drunk one liter of vodka ! Not so much for eleven people. Another way to warm up when the rain is climbing as it was yesterday. After that I went to a Chrismas Market in Rosny-sous-Bois to buy some marvellous scarfes for my daughters. These scarfes are not simply scarfes ; they can be dresses or little capes on shoulders ; they can be hats like fur hats. Then I went to another market place where a barrel organ was playing. I bought disks of barrel organ and books of lyrics corresponding to the melodies in the disk. My mother likes singing and I am sure that this present will please her. Last think I have to do before Chrismas : sending a bottle of champagne to the young Russian boy (21 years) I met in the train transsiberien this summer when I went from Moscou to Irkoutsk. He lives with his mother in Kasan and life is very hard to them.
    Zina
  • Hi everybody !

Today was not a good day. It was sunny and clear but it was not a good day.
    This morning, I picked up a bottle of good champagne in my husband’s cellar. Don’t say it to him, please… Moet et Chandon 1996…
    At twelve, I went to the post office to buy a pre-paid box for a bottle (international shipping) and I came back to my office where I looked for the instructions to fill in the shipping papers on Internet. And there, I found out that I cannot send a bottle of champagne in Russia ! It’s forbidden ! As many others things…
    Russians are not already out of sovietic age !!!
    Zina
  • From Zina:
    Hi everybody !

Today was not a good day. It was sunny and clear but it was not a good day.
    This morning, I picked up a bottle of good champagne in my husband’s cellar. Don’t say it to him, please… Moet et Chandon 1996…
    At twelve, I went to the post office to buy a pre-paid box for a bottle (international shipping) and I came back to my office where I looked for the instructions to fill in the shipping papers on Internet. And there, I found out that I cannot send a bottle of champagne in Russia ! It’s forbidden ! As many others things…
    Russians are not already out of sovietic age !!!
    Zina

First of all I'd say that I'm very pleased to read again Zina on the forum with her private diary.

Secondly I swear that I would help Zina turning her "not a good" day into a "real good" day by making me enjoy her bottle of Moet et Chandon.
    I'm living in Belgium and here will be none of the prohibitions she spoke of.
    Moreover I promise to take it from her husband. Both of us (Zina and me) will keep it hush-hush.

Thirdly I want to correct Zina's thought about the reason why she couldn't send the precious bottle to Russia. That has nothing to do with soviet (not sovietic) uses. That's just because Russians fear that champaign encroaches on their Vodka preserve.

Cheers! (to Zina's health!)
    Gee
    -------
    a "preserve" here means "une chasse gardée".
  • Hi everybody !

I don’t know if my husband read Gee or not but he had just called me to make me put some vodka in the the deep-freeze… What for ? Because we have to buy caviar for Christmas for the whole family. So my husband went in many shops and supermarkets to find the best caviar as cheep as possible. He found it in Auchan (a supermarket) but we don’t know if it is the best choice. So we have to taste it and to taste it, we need fresh vodka !
    So I have to make the vodka fresh for the moment he will come home with caviar.
    This is a good evening…
    Cheers everybody !
    Zina
  • happy new year to everyone !

I hope that each Gymglish student will speak fluently very soon !
    Today, the wind is blowing very hard and i am afraid that a tree should fall down on my house !
    Do you remember the storm in 1999. Since this time I'm afraid of strong wind...
    Today they had closed the gradens in Paris.
    Have a nice evening although !

Please sign in to leave a comment.