Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Talking

We began to talk on the topic "Vocabulary--French to English" of the forum.
Below, this is my last message in response to Gee :

If tatiana and I were those women, we used russian and/or french because it's very difficult to speak russian fluently as English is (for me). tatiana speaks French fluently and I think I'll never speak russian like that neither English ! But I will try...

Thursday, I took the train TGV to go to Montpellier-La Grande Motte-Aigues-Mortes. Were you in the train Gee ? In the afternoon I visited the "salins du Midi". No sun, no rain but many wind. A spacious property (like Paris) with sand, water and salt. Sea, rose flamingos, sea gulls, some herons... As I was the only woman the salt-man gave me a salt rose (5 kilograms. I was very afraid when we climbed on the conveyor belt which carry salt at the top of the salt montain. At the top of the platform, we saw the high defensive walls of Aigues-Mortes. It was beautiful but the platform was shaked with the strong gusts of wind. I took many photos but I did'nt see the salt which shines under the sun. When we took the bus to go to the hotel, rain began to fall. Friday I was back in Paris with my salt rose. Gee or somebody else, did you see a woman with a salt rose of 5 kilos in the Lyon Railways Station Friday at 12 ?

58 comments - page 5

• From Zina:
    happy new year to everyone !

I hope that each Gymglish student will speak fluently very soon !
    Today, the wind is blowing very hard and i am afraid that a tree should fall down on my house !
    Do you remember the storm in 1999. Since this time I'm afraid of strong wind...
    Today they had closed the gradens in Paris.
    Have a nice evening although !

Hullo Zina!
    It's been a while since we've spoken.
    Nice to read you again.
    About your hopes: Sure thing! Sooner or later every Gymglish student will talk American at a native rate of speech. Be patient for a while.
    About your fears: Is the windy weather now over? Is your house still upright? And the tree? Would you mind if I come and chop it down?
    About that stormy 1999: (I say THAT time rather than "THIS") As for me I don't remember because I've erased that year from my memory yet. My cranium being a bit small I get the memory bites sorted out and keep only the useful ones.
    About your daily walk through the gardens: Hope you're now able to dance again on the moor - sorry! say, down the paths.
    Have a nice day, Zina.
  • Hello everybody!
    Thank you Gee for correcting my words, it's very helpful.
    Today, no more wind or just a little bit. Fortunately my trees are yet up.
    But since Tuesday ther is many snow falling in France. Many troubles on roads. In Paris, there were no snow, only cold and sun. Today I had a look at the show ExpoLangues in the Exhibition Park. If somebody wants to go there, it’s open until Sunday. Although they said you have to pay a ticket for 6 Euro, it’s free. What a pity, I didn’t found any Gymglish stand where I should have talked of Delavigne Corporation with charming guys like Philip Cheeters, Olélé or others…
    Bye !!!
  • Hello everybody!
    Thank you Gee for correcting my words, it's very helpful.
    Today, no more wind or just a little bit. Fortunately my trees are yet up.
    But since Tuesday ther is many snow falling in France. Many troubles on roads. In Paris, there were no snow, only cold and sun. Today I had a look at the show ExpoLangues in the Exhibition Park. If somebody wants to go there, it’s open until Sunday. Although they said you have to pay a ticket for 6 Euro, it’s free. What a pity, I didn’t found any Gymglish stand where I should have talked of Delavigne Corporation with charming guys like Philip Cheeters, Olélé or others…
    Bye !!!
  • hi,i dont inderstand the of the forum?
  • what si the subject? please help me!
  • hi

From Aziz:
    what si the subject? please help me!

• hello
  • Hello everyone !
    Nice to meet you again… What have you done during this long time ?
    I was working and running, running and working as every other Gymglish user.
    Now, there are holidays for the young people in France. No, I’m not a school pupil ! I’m too old for this while I am learning English … Even though, I’m now almost in holidays because children are gone in the wind for a week. I’m free… during this marvellous next week…
  • I'm living in the Loire Valley.Today the weather is moody I can't work outside because the fields are too wet.So I try for the first time to participate at this forum but I'm sorry because I get an Horrible grammatical English and it should be difficult to others people to understand my conversation
  • Pleased to meet you, laroulie.
    You LIVE in the Loire valley? Is your home a castle?
    Would you be an British citizen, sure your home would be a castle for an English proverb says that "an English man's home is his castle".
    Don't be sorry, every OTHER reader could easily catch your blab.
    Looking forward to reading you at any time soon.

From laroulie:
    I'm living in the Loire Valley.Today the weather is moody I can't work outside because the fields are too wet.So I try for the first time to participate at this forum but I'm sorry because I get an Horrible grammatical English and it should be difficult to others people to understand my conversation

Please sign in to leave a comment.