English Grammar

listening

Hi everybody,
I have an impediment in understanding the news on TV, the lyrics of songs, or simply a person who's speaking in English.
Please, is there any way to improve my listening understanding?
Thanks.

3 comments

• You are not a single rare exception in having difficulties understanding spoken English, Nazim. I hit the same snag as you.
    Don't let you down. Little by little, you will improve your listening/understanding. That is coming in dribs and drabs.
    What coud I suggest you?
    1° When your GG lesson is featuring an audio text, listen to it many times in a row, much more than needed as to understand.
    2° If you have some spare time, you could listen to tips given at a slow rate of speech. That can be found on internet, notably on 'anglaisfacile.com' and 'English as a Second language podcast'.
    I think though that you must also listen to speechs given at a normal speed, like those of the GymGlish or of the BBC World Service.
    Learning a second language is not a trifle.
  • Hi every body !!

I don't let down my love for language english ! but it's hard to learn english bye this way .

And it's so expensive cours english!

I hope , you will understant what i want to say !!

Thanks
  • Hi everybody,
    I have an impediment in understanding the news on TV, the lyrics of songs, or simply a person who's speaking in English.
    Please, is there any way to improve my listening understanding?
    Thanks.

Please sign in to leave a comment.