English Grammar

listening

Hi everybody,
I have an impediment in understanding the news on TV, the lyrics of songs, or simply a person who's speaking in English.
Please, is there any way to improve my listening understanding?
Thanks.

3 comments

• You are not a single rare exception in having difficulties understanding spoken English, Nazim. I hit the same snag as you.
    Don't let you down. Little by little, you will improve your listening/understanding. That is coming in dribs and drabs.
    What coud I suggest you?
    1° When your GG lesson is featuring an audio text, listen to it many times in a row, much more than needed as to understand.
    2° If you have some spare time, you could listen to tips given at a slow rate of speech. That can be found on internet, notably on 'anglaisfacile.com' and 'English as a Second language podcast'.
    I think though that you must also listen to speechs given at a normal speed, like those of the GymGlish or of the BBC World Service.
    Learning a second language is not a trifle.
  • From Nazim Hadji:
    Hi everybody,
    I have an impediment in understanding the news on TV, the lyrics of songs, or simply a person who's speaking in English.
    Please, is there any way to improve my listening understanding?
    Thanks.

you need to watch dvd in english with the english subtitles this is the best way to progress in english. Then watch entertaining on BBC it will train yours ears to understandand,improve your pronounciation.This is my teacher's advice.
  • Hi every body !!

I don't let down my love for language english ! but it's hard to learn english bye this way .

And it's so expensive cours english!

I hope , you will understant what i want to say !!

Thanks

Please sign in to leave a comment.