Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Hello

Hello everybody!
I'm also here to improve my English. In fact, I'm studying languages to become a teacher. However, I think it is a goog idea to speak English through getting to know each other.
So, if somebody is interested just answer ;)

8 comments

• Here is my answer to ellinida. (Wish you get many others answers.)
    Well noted your wink, hey! A wink with the right eye is the best one.
    And your grin is appealing.
    How could we start to get to know each other?
    Until now you said you would become a teacher.
    What kind of a teacher? A common one, a special one, a bitter one, a great one perhaps.
    Which matter and which persons are you going to teach?
    I'm looking forward to your say.
  • From Gee:
    Here is my answer to ellinida. (Wish you get many others answers.)
    Well noted your wink, hey! A wink with the right eye is the best one.
    And your grin is appealing.
    How could we start to get to know each other?
    Until now you said you would become a teacher.
    What kind of a teacher? A common one, a special one, a bitter one, a great one perhaps.
    Which matter and which persons are you going to teach?
    I'm looking forward to your say.

I will become a language teacher, I'm studying English and Dutch and you? I'm going to teach to 1st, 2nd and 3rd years students (in the Belgium's system.
  • Hi ellinida,
    nice to hear from you. If you study english, your english must be quite good. What´s your mother tongue? Perhaps french?
    I don´t know how old the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students in Belgium are? It would be nice if you could explain that to me.
    I´m looking forward to your little report.
    Have a nice evening.
  • Hi ellinida,
    Hand out a bit more explanation as CB requested.
    You asked "and you?". Upon what I reply, "not at all".
    I am now retired. I was a physical education teacher who stepped over actor schools as the 1968 cultural revolution blew up.
    Learning a language is no trifling matter, as you know. Needless to say, teaching neither!
    Wish you good returns from you upcoming career.
  • My mother tongue is greek and I learn french at school. In fact,in Belgiums there are 3 levels: the primary school, the secondary school and the university or high school. In the primary and in the secondary school, there are 6 years and I will be able to give lessons to the first three years of the secondayre school. The pupils are between 12 and 14 years old

From CB:
    Hi ellinida,
    nice to hear from you. If you study english, your english must be quite good. What´s your mother tongue? Perhaps french?
    I don´t know how old the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students in Belgium are? It would be nice if you could explain that to me.
    I´m looking forward to your little report.
    Have a nice evening.

• hi, ellinida,

Are you living in Belgium ? what's about greek system ? do you know it ?
    In France , teachers often says that pupils in colleges (between 12 and 15 or 16 )are very hard ....in Belgium too ?
  • From forestine79:
    hi, ellinida,

Are you living in Belgium ? what's about greek system ? do you know it ?
    In France , teachers often says that pupils in colleges (between 12 and 15 or 16 )are very hard ....in Belgium too ?

Yes, I'm living in Belgium. Greek system is different because of the letters but the sound system can help you to learn English with the "th" in thanks for example. Th sound is very common in greek.
    I had a teaching practice in november and pupils were great.
  • Hello Ellinda,

As you want to be a teacher, allow me to draw your attention on capital letters:Greek and November. The latter is important when you write the date on the blackboard!
    If you say you are living in Belgium, it means it is temporary. If you intend to stay in Belgium, you'd better say: I live in Belgium.

When Forestine asked you: what about the Greek system? I guess she meant the Greek system of education.

Very pleased to read you enjoyed teaching in November because I agree with Forestine: pupils (no "the" because we mean pupils in general) are often difficult at that age. You should write : THE pupils were great because you mean the pupils you taught to and not pupils in general. Twig it?

Good luck for the future and enjoy your Christmas holidays.

Please sign in to leave a comment.