Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Sufficient unto the day is one thought thereof.

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

That proverb rendered into a GymGlish user’s every day life philosophy turns so:
"Sufficient unto the day is my GymGlish workout thereof."

But some Stakhanovist GymGlish users could make "Insufficient unto the day is a GG lesson thereof" their motto and post under this thread their original thought of the day.

435 comments

• 01012008 00:00Z
    At the turn of the year last night I decided to stop growing older. But I couldn’t hold out one mere second.
    On 01012008 at 00:01Z I had grown older by one second.
    Has it something to do with being a Stakhanovist? Please, tell me.
  • I think it has more something to do with those people who have than motto not to change the year(I just saw a report on that subject yesterday): of course it's a joke ! they had to think about it ! .
    I am not sure than Stakhanovist would have something to do with this kind of thing : isn't it a way of encouraging workers to emulation to have better output. I hope for you it's not your case to grow quickier ! ?
    Best wishes even with some seconds more !
  • It was so kind of you, forestine79, to release your thought on Jan 2.
    So the aim of this thread has been met.
    I totally agree with you.

By the way, I presume your wood stove has risen the temperature of your house at a suitable level as to allow you to think your daily thoughts for this forum.
    So long.
  • Sufficient unto the third day of the year should be the thoughts of the Third thereof.

When making a deal with a person, do you think of the third party that could file a suit against you?
    When having a mouthful of your delicious daily steak, do you think of the Third World starving to death?
    When thinking of the Father and the Son (just machos do so), do you feel the third spirit making one from the three?
    When talking to someone, do you feel the third person overhearing you?
    When having sex, do your feel the third eye watching you?

If you feel private with your GymGlish workout, I could play the third body dealing with you.
    See you...!
    AhQ
  • By reaching the fourth day of the year, realize the fourth wheel of a car is the most invaluable one.

[Nota bene - invaluable is valuable beyond estimation.]
  • Reaching the fifth day of the year,the five-year man decided to take five...
  • ....to take five GG to go to ...
  • I'm not like the five-year man, I haven't to take five because I am the fifth wheel of the car (not the fifth-wheel trailer, hey!). All year long I let the other four run the work. My wish : Be my car puncture-free in 2008.
    Fifth-wheel Lucky bastard

Note for non-insiders - to take five = to take a rest.
  • I'm so glad getting to know there were three Stakhanovists down here yesterday, Stakhanovists talking about their opposite - their own negativity in fact - people taking five.
    I'd like to give the three of them a big high-five. No problem with the Lucky bastard. But I wonder whether Silky and Forestine would appreciate a high-five.

I learned that Jean and Kevin of the Delavigne's had a high-five at the time Jean agreed to take care of Kevin undergoing a laser-eye-surgery, thus being blind for some hours. They felt like buddies and had a high-five.
    The first time I had a high-five in English was here down the forum with Jean-Pierre, a so clever humorist we haven't heard of for ages.

So my concern of the day is whether or not ladies are used to give a high-five. Do you know?
    In the mean time I'd like to give Silky and Forestine a big hug. I won't take a cringe for an answer, ladies, my hug is a platonic one.
    Gee
    [CW]

Please sign in to leave a comment.