Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Sufficient unto the day is one thought thereof.

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

That proverb rendered into a GymGlish user’s every day life philosophy turns so:
"Sufficient unto the day is my GymGlish workout thereof."

But some Stakhanovist GymGlish users could make "Insufficient unto the day is a GG lesson thereof" their motto and post under this thread their original thought of the day.

435 comments - page 10

• Ah-ah-ah-ah…cue was right.
    AhQ was right! AhQ’s cue was right!
    Desire is always something lived in the present. Of course you can remember a desire you had in the past or even wish to have desire tomorrow. But the desire that Jack and Jill share, that’s a whole lived in the very present. That’s also why the subjunctive of desire in the present is desire full stop. Who would dare to doubt it?

I love the poem by Ronald D. Laing you released yesterday, Gee.
    It’s the universal story of love on earth.
    Which stage can we come across Icky?, you asked. I’d say the first paragraph, maybe he is about to step onto the second.
  • Whichever desire you cherish on this 58th day of the year, don’t assuage it right up. You would live a dull day afterwards, for life without a wish for something is a dull fate. I wish you a craving present moment.
  • Rest in peace. There is always something perfect in your English. It's your desire to improve it. (only valid for honest learners)
  • The 60-day old 2008 welcomes you with a free additional 24 hours.
    What are you gonna do with it?
    If you are in a bad mood at thinking you could starve to death because your annual revenue can’t afford to feed you one day more, do think that fast is good for the health. You might also be convinced that you won’t get older today. But first and foremost zero in on the North Pole and enjoy the sales pitch of Warbuckle’s new salesperson.
  • March 1st

Two months of 2008 are over...

Two winter months are over...

The first flowers seem to say: hello, here we are. They remind us that even when something seems to be dead, something new can be born and bring joy in our hearts!
  • You are right, Silky, snowdrops opened out in my garden. Winter is nearly over. Is it the reason why Warbuckle held his pressconference in the North Pole ? Be it as it may, I took a glance at the flowers and, with a lot of GGusers, I replied to Warbuckle’s invitation and zeroed in on the igloo where the press conference was held. During the question and answer session following the lecture Warbuckle spotted a guy in the audience who was wearing a thin leek in his buttonhole.
    (Warbuckle) - Are you greengrocer, my man?
    (The guy) - I wear a leek for I am Welsh, you know, and this sixty-first day of the year is St-David’s Day!
    (Warbuckle who did not catch what St-David had to do with a leek) - THX-1134 might boost your sales, my man!
    (The guy) - Wales are not for sale, sir!
    (Warbuckle) - Are you sure, my man? THX-1134 for sure will stop your wails and your thin leek will be sold at full price. What’s your opinion, THX-1134?
    (THX-1134) – Koo Koo Hook Cook
    Obviously the robot salesperson THX-1134 had failed to switch over to Welsh or English and was going on in Eskimo.
    (Warbuckle) – Don’t worry, Quinn is going to translate.
    (Quinn the Eskimo) – The new salesperson tells that the guy is not a leek seller. He just wants to make himself quite clear: He has to go for a leak.

The moral of this story is: No, robots are not so much worst than businessmen for intercommunications?

Notice: The leek is a national emblem of Wales. Welsh wear a leek on St-Davids Day, March 1. They are meant to comemorate a battle against the Saxons that is told having taken place in a leek field. Most of them don’t know the legend any more, but, as so many people do, they talk the talk and walk the walk.

Maybe you noticed on the telly that Prince Charles was wearing a leek in his buttonhole today. It’s his way to reaffirm that Wales have been subdued to the United Kingdom some four centuries ago. By the way, it is a pitiful hype about the Charles, the Harry (and the leek), isn’t it?

Hints (if need be)
    to have to go for a leak = to have to pee.
    to talk the talk and walk the walk = to speak and act as everyone do, hence to think as everyone do think.

[CW]
  • To Gee as he welcomes a correction: “robots are not so much WORSE than businessmen”

Why do you think Harold Warbuckle held his press conference in an igloo to introduce his cold metallic HTX-1134 new sales automat? Because Harold doesn’t foster any warm friendship with any human being. Successful businessmen are doomed for loneliness and icy relationships.

The funky story of last Friday brings me to quote Vicki Baum (1888-1960), an Austrian harpist and novelist.

“ Fame always brings loneliness. Success is as ice cold and lonely as the North Pole.”

This quotation for March 2nd, Harold didn’t want to make it lie.

(C.W.) Sandy
  • Thank you, Sandy, for correcting one my worst mistakes. As we are dealing with mistakes, let me tell you that you recently made me feel like a dead corpse about to be put to rest six feet under ground. Your “Rest in peace” of last Feb.28 sounded like “Requiescat in pace.” (lol)
    [CW]
  • The THIRD day of the THIRD month

I hadn’t noticed the bluebird...
    How absurd!
    Hope it won’t be captured.

On Funky Friday GGusers gathered.
    They noticed Warbuckle is a nerd,
    His English is not even standard.

What about Brian Jones? He is not a coward.
    Expressing his wish for anal sex with a bastard
    Could have been censored.

N.B. No innuendo about Lucky Bastard.
  • Oh, Silky! I’ve been delighted that you told me apart from that other bastard. Not that I would myself have mistaken your say but, for the time being, I run into so many newbies down here that some of them could have taken me for a queer.

Your poetic thought said in rhyme
    sounded in my heart like a chime.
    I didn’t fail to beat the time
    because my mood was in its prime.

Today on this oh three the third
    we were charmed by the bluebird
    you sent to us as a good word.
    Impossible it be unheard.

Loves from Lucky bastard (a very lucky dog on this 03/03)

Please sign in to leave a comment.