Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Sufficient unto the day is one thought thereof.

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

That proverb rendered into a GymGlish user’s every day life philosophy turns so:
"Sufficient unto the day is my GymGlish workout thereof."

But some Stakhanovist GymGlish users could make "Insufficient unto the day is a GG lesson thereof" their motto and post under this thread their original thought of the day.

435 comments - page 8

• Feb 4, 35th day of the year, exactly the right day to sign a 35 hours per week contract of employment.
    Old retired people, young people on the dole, wealthy people with private means could proceed through a 35 hours per week going along with GymGlish.
  • Feb 5, 36th day of the year, exactly the right day to read (before noon) Charles Bukovski’s poem One thirty-six a.m.
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/one-thirty-six-a-m/
  • Feb 6 , 37th day of the year, exactly the right day to say nothing but borrowing this line from Voltaire, "It is far better to be silent than merely to increase the quantity of bad books." (What do you think of it, Gee?)
  • On this 38th day of the year I reply to AhQ’s question of the 37th.
    From Voltaire’s point of view it’s true. From your point of view, it’s true too, AhQ, that the quantity of words laid down on this forum are nothing but waste of time, waste of ink, waste of thought.
    But there is another standpoint, I mean that one of the writer. When someone talks to someone else, it’s not always to pass a message, it’s often to feel steady on one’s own thought.
  • Only heavy words suit to this 39th day.
    As heavy as to make AhQ weighed down with heavy thoughts.
  • The first forty days of 2008 gave us the way the year took off; the next 326 supply time and space to drive it to the best conclusion.
  • Let yourself go, but don't forget to get yourself back.
  • To girls:
    Dancing is a wonderful training for girls, it's the first way you learn to guess what a man is going to do before he does it. (Christopher Morley quoted)

To boys:
    The man loves danger and sport. That is why he loves woman, the most dangerous of all sports. (Friedrich Nietzsche said it)
  • Whatever you have to do on this 46th day of the year, do it with good grace.
  • Goodness gracious me! I reached the 47th day of this year.

Please sign in to leave a comment.