Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

NEW STUDENT

Hi, I'm a new student who is in her first 10 lessons and has to decide what to do with it. This is also my first time in a forum. I've read some opinions and comments and I like the tone of the texts.

I need to practise my little English, so, what do the students who are following Gymenglish for some time think of it in this sense? I need a gentle prod.

Happy 2008 from Spain

7 comments

• Hello,
    I´m in my first 10 lessons in gymglish, too. And I also need some practice in English. Today it was my first time visiting the forum and so I thought by myself that comunicating with other users of gymglish could be a good possibility to improve my english.

And so I clicked to the Add botton and send this comment.

At the end some datas to my person:
    I´m a male 37 years old, my name is Arthur - like the great King of England (unfortunately my english is not so good as you could imagine with a name like this).
    I live in Augsburg a middle sized town in the south of Germany (Bavaria). I´m married with my wife Ute since 2000 and we have two sons together (sevewn and one year old).
    In my professional live I´m a social worker. But currently i´m studieing (in part time) business at a distance learning university.
    And in this aktivity in my live is the reason for joining gymglish because I´ve to do an english test.

If you enjoy my comment I would be pleased to read from you. And maybe there are other users who are in a similar situation and who like to write sometimes

with the best regards

Arthur
  • Hullo King Arthur,

Capital idea! King. When you thought to yourself, you thought right!
    Like you I also think that communicating on this forum can boost our improvement in mastering that wretched English.

You were so open-hearted in releasing right up your details - I mean your profile.
    Here down the forum we know very few about GGusers we come across.
    After reading your ID card, I am ashamed to give out my details because they couldn't match yours.
    Like you I am a male, at least I try to be.
    I'm a bit older than you.
    My surname (family name) is Bastard. It's not a name you could be proud of.
    Only my ennemies call me Bastard. My friends call me Lucky bastard (with a minor b at bastard), what's turns me a much more pleasant guy.
    I'm not dwelling for long in a place, I rather move now and then. For now, I live in Western Europe, that's why I came in touch with GymGlish. I remember visiting Augsburg a long time ago. I was amazed by the beautiful typical Bavarian architecture. Yet at that time, Bavaria's wealthness contrasted with the mean nearby Czech countryside.
    As you got married to Ute in 2000, I also married my wife exactly 7 years and one day ago, even though I'm quite older than you. Do you know the seven-years itch? Silky taught us about that some days ago under the headlined thread "Sufficient unto the day is one thought thereof" that is thriving in the GGusers and visitors lounge (down this very forum).
    I am looking up to you as, on the side of your job as social worker, you manage to attend business studies in distance learning. Even studying on a part time basis must give you a wild time!

As you can see, Arthur, I enjoyed your comment and I hope you'll be pleased to read me.
    Warm regards!
    Your Lucky bastard.
    [C.W.]

For info: That C.W. added to my note is a code implemented by Silky, a golden Forum user. Short for Corrections Welcome, it means that I'd be pleased to be corrected by you or any other onlooker.
  • From APauli:
    Hello,
    I´m in my first 10 lessons in gymglish, too. And I also need some practice in English. Today it was my first time visiting the forum and so I thought by myself that comunicating with other users of gymglish could be a good possibility to improve my english.

And so I clicked to the Add botton and send this comment.

At the end some datas to my person:
    I´m a male 37 years old, my name is Arthur - like the great King of England (unfortunately my english is not so good as you could imagine with a name like this).
    I live in Augsburg a middle sized town in the south of Germany (Bavaria). I´m married with my wife Ute since 2000 and we have two sons together (sevewn and one year old).
    In my professional live I´m a social worker. But currently i´m studieing (in part time) business at a distance learning university.
    And in this aktivity in my live is the reason for joining gymglish because I´ve to do an english test.

If you enjoy my comment I would be pleased to read from you. And maybe there are other users who are in a similar situation and who like to write sometimes

with the best regards

Arthur

• Hello Arthur, I'm very pleased to reading your comments. My name is Marga, I'm a single mother of a ten-to-eleven year old boy. I'm also a bit older than you and I also want to improve my English. At this moment, I'm changing the course of my life, I've recently left my job voluntarily to try to recover a project which I've always wanted to do, which is teaching children, especially English.
    I studied English ages ago, so now my brain is a bit dry in many senses and I'm starting to work on it because I need to work again in no less than a year time, so we'll see what happens.
    Although I need to study a lot, I wanted to make some comments about something in your letter: "datas"- data is singular and the plural form is datum.I also think that you are married TO Ute, not WITH Ute.
    I hope you all are well.
    Best regards
    Marga
  • Hola Marga ! With an alias like yours « PaquitaLaEscobera » I couldn’t miss you.
    It is also my first time here in the GGspace. My name is Antonio and I am Spaniard too, but living in Belgium since 1980. I am married to Evelyne (Belgian) and have two children : Alba 14 and Rodrigo 11. I just turned 50 end last year. I have been studying English for years but with more interruptions than really studying periods (e.g. I haven’t opened a English book for more than fifteen years) My interest to learn English awoke again last year, when I had to come to the conclusion that most of the meetings and documentation in my work had gone from French to English. I would like to acquire in English the same writing facility that I have in French. Be able to play with words to make unarguable sentences.
    Thanks Lucky bastard for the “C.W.” hint
    Arthur I am not sure to have already been in Augsburg but I go once a year to Bavaria to hike. We use to spend a week in Spitzingsee, not far from the Austrian border (opposite Kufstein).
    Well bye for now.
    Antonio
    (C.W.)
  • Hola Paquita!

My name is Txomin, I am living on the basque coast, the boarder cross precisely, in Hendaye.And thanks to gymglish, I attempt to develop my english level! I want to take the opportunity to speak an another language apart english, as spanish! Also I am finding a spanish correponding to improve too, my spanish language!
    thanks for the answer!
  • Hello,i`m schnattchen( my collegues say it to me)a new student too. I live near to Munich with my family and I`ve to learn speaking and writing in english,because I`ve a dream going to USA and getting a new interssant job as nurse. Now I`ve to make the TOEFL-Test in march and afterwards my german examen in english. A part of my family want to go with me,but the teenager don`t want. It is a little bit difficult. But I think the time will give it to a good end. Is there anybody .who has the same problems? I`would be glad for all answers!

Please sign in to leave a comment.