The Delavigne Corporation

Funky Friday Feedback

In June of 2006, GymGlish launched 'Funky Friday', a new feature which allows your voice to be heard.

How does it work?

On the last Friday of every month, the same GymGlish lesson is sent to GymGlish users around the world. At the bottom of each lesson are multiple possibilities for the plot of the next Funky Friday lesson. The next lesson is then created by the authors at GymGlish based on the results of your votes.

Use this space to discuss Funky Friday, the results of each vote, the story, the choices, what's happened so far, and what could happen in the future!

PS: I think if my grandfather, Xavier Delavigne, were alive today, he would be more than 100 years old. Just kidding, but seriously I think he would like Funky Friday. Xavier was funky before it was cool to be funky. And Friday was his favorite day of the week. Enjoy!

62 comments

• As the mayor of San Francisco, I am a fan of democracy. Although I occasionally indulge in petty corruption such as bribe-taking and minor election tampering, I still believe in the basic principles of democracy, especially popular opinion, or as they say in latin, 'vox populi' (or is that in Greek? I never remember the difference). In any case, GymGlish, with its new Funky Friday format, has renewed my faith in democracy and politics. Well done, GymGlish. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to wire some illegal campaign contributions to a slush fund in Zurich.

Sincerely, Frederick Flimshaw IV
    Mayor of San Francisco
  • very funky indeed!
  • To Bruno Delavigne himself.

Sir,

As you were personally introducing the present topic, I take the liberty to tell you my feeling.

First of all, you got your claws into Susie. It is unworthy of you.
    Secondly you abducted Jean's lover. That takes the cake! Your interim CEO eloping with you!
    That dirty trick is just befitting Philip Cheeter.
    That breaks my heart, Sir.

Last but not least, what about your company?
    Your staff - save for Jean - might enjoy it and appreciate a lot to be left a free hand.

The Gymglishers find it so funky, yeh, like flouf! Has he turned foolish?
    But the shareholders? This doesn't look at all hopeful for the investors. From your hidewaway, have a look at the stockmarcket and watch the stocks plummeting.

I am quite disappointed, Sir.
    Sadly yours,

Gee Diligent
    regular visitor of the Gymglish

P.-S. Nevertheless, as I learned that love makes fool, I forgive your behaviour and I'll keep coming every day and having a glance at the Delavigne Fate, with or without you.
  • To: Willy the Security Guard (security@DelavigneCorp.com)
    Cci: Gymglish Subscribers (gymglishers@world.earth)
    From: The Guardian Angel (angegardien@septièmeciel.space)

Subject: lovers run off

Dear Willy,

The PIA (Paradise Intelligence Agency) released today shocking news. The Agency reported a tip that the CEO of the Delavigne Corp. had fled away from the company premises along with Susan Bliss, head of the marketing department. They took off in a private helicopter! What the hell are they flying to with such an out-of-date powerless aircraft!

As any lovers they go to a lot of trouble to reach cloud nine. But according to its handbook, their machine can hardly climb to FL360. Bad to them.

Here in heaven we are all amazed that you, a Security Guard of your high standard who has proven record of cracking down on misconducting employees, you could let the lovers slip away on a so bad nag machine.

For the lovers own good a warrant of arrest is to be launched here and now. I rely on your good will with that mission.

As soon as they are arrested, do prevent them from hiring a flight with the latest Richard Branson's rocket. Its flight last hardly 6 minutes, not enough to make love in a good way and not enough to launch a commercial either.

The only way to come up here in paradise, well above cloud nine, is to buy a double one-way ticket for the next flight of the spaceship Soyouz. (Twice 25.000.000 $ is a trifle for a Delavigne.) Like Anousheh Ansari did last week on her first-blog-from-the-space, Susie would be able to launch a commercial from space. What a feat for the company! The Delavigne fragance would be a winner.
    And to themselves, what a thrill to play, like the Living Theatre did in the 1970s, "paradise now!"

I trust in you to manage things efficiently.
    Highly yours,

The Guardian Angel

doc.: http://spaceblog.xprize.org (Anousheh's reports filed in space explorer)
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    For Cci addressees only:
    to be on cloud nine, être au septième ciel
    FL360, (Flight level 360) i.e. 36.000 feet at standard pressure of 1013.2 hPa
  • Dear Guardian Angel,

First of all, thks for the 'Security Guard of your high standard': you've made me blush !! (even if I've a beautiful and large beard)-

Be sure that I'll do my best concerning 'Bruno's trip'. I've my ways.

Note: My best wishes to Octo Pus, CEO of PIA (it's a very good friend of mine, we used to jam in high school!)
    Note2: I'll be in vacation soon...

Cheers,
    Willy the Security Guard (of the Delavigne Corp.)

From The Guardian Angel:
    To: Willy the Security Guard (security@DelavigneCorp.com)

Subject: lovers run off

Dear Willy,

The PIA (Paradise Intelligence Agency) released today shocking news. The Agency reported a tip that the CEO of the Delavigne Corp. had fled away from the company premises along with Susan Bliss, head of the marketing department. They took off in a private helicopter! What the hell are they flying to with such an out-of-date powerless aircraft!

As any lovers they go to a lot of trouble to reach cloud nine. But according to its handbook, their machine can hardly climb to FL360. Bad to them.

Here in heaven we are all amazed that you, a Security Guard of your high standard who has proven record of cracking down on misconducting employees, you could let the lovers slip away on a so bad nag machine.

For the lovers own good a warrant of arrest is to be launched here and now. I rely on your good will with that mission.

As soon as they are arrested, do prevent them from hiring a flight with the latest Richard Branson's rocket. Its flight last hardly 6 minutes, not enough to make love in a good way and not enough to launch a commercial either.

The only way to come up here in paradise, well above cloud nine, is to buy a double one-way ticket for the next flight of the spaceship Soyouz. (Twice 25.000.000 $ is a trifle for a Delavigne.) Like Anousheh Ansari did last week on her first-blog-from-the-space, Susie would be able to launch a commercial from space. What a feat for the company! The Delavigne fragance would be a winner.
    And to themselves, what a thrill to play, like the Living Theatre did in the 1970s, "paradise now!"

I trust in you to manage things efficiently.
    Highly yours,

The Guardian Angel

doc.: http://spaceblog.xprize.org (Anousheh's reports filed in space explorer)
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    For Cci addressees only:
    to be on cloud nine, être au septième ciel
    FL360, (Flight level 360) i.e. 36.000 feet at standard pressure of 1013.2 hPa

• Very funny guys :) Keep on the good job...

Seb
  • SMS to Willy the Security Guard of Delavigne Corp.

Thks for your time.
    Thks for doing your best.
    Nothg to worry about any more.
    Wishes handed over to Octo Pus. He spitted a great light blue laugh.
    Good for us. Last Funky Friday he spitted a big black yell.
    Will stand in for you during your vacation.
    Have fun.
    G.A.

From Willy The Security Guard:
    Dear Guardian Angel,

First of all, thks for the 'Security Guard of your high standard': you've made me blush !! (even if I've a beautiful and large beard)-

Be sure that I'll do my best concerning 'Bruno's trip'. I've my ways.

Note: My best wishes to Octo Pus, CEO of PIA (it's a very good friend of mine, we used to jam in high school!)
    Note2: I'll be in vacation soon...

Cheers,

• Today (27th of october) was a wonderful Funky Friday !!!!
    Thks!
  • To: Willy the Security Guard (security@DelavigneCorp.com)

Subject: super duper mystery solving laboratory

Hi Willy,

There was this morning a press release from the PIA (Paradise Intelligence Agency) about the investigations carried out by Icarus' lab. It reports that Icarus' sophisticated spy devices overthrow on a large scale the ethical code promulgated by the Delafigne CEO.

It appears that Bruno was unaware of the broadcasting mole device switched on his helicopter GPS. Moreover Icarus didn't tell his fellow staffs that he had hidden the same kind of spy device in Bruno's private twin jet Cessna Citation that enabled him to fly over to CDG.

The latest hype here in heaven is that Icarus might be a FIB spy.

Although this could be nothing but gossip, I wanted to tell it to the former school mate of Octo Pus. [By the way Octo Pus spitted again a great light blue laugh on this funky Friday morning. I had much fun too.]

All the best,

Guardian Angel

Please sign in to leave a comment.