The Delavigne Corporation

Funky Friday Feedback

In June of 2006, GymGlish launched 'Funky Friday', a new feature which allows your voice to be heard.

How does it work?

On the last Friday of every month, the same GymGlish lesson is sent to GymGlish users around the world. At the bottom of each lesson are multiple possibilities for the plot of the next Funky Friday lesson. The next lesson is then created by the authors at GymGlish based on the results of your votes.

Use this space to discuss Funky Friday, the results of each vote, the story, the choices, what's happened so far, and what could happen in the future!

PS: I think if my grandfather, Xavier Delavigne, were alive today, he would be more than 100 years old. Just kidding, but seriously I think he would like Funky Friday. Xavier was funky before it was cool to be funky. And Friday was his favorite day of the week. Enjoy!

62 comments - page 3

• I FORGOT ALSO : NEVER A DULL MOMENT MEANS WHAT
  • From J. Beline:
    I FORGOT ALSO : NEVER A DULL MOMENT MEANS WHAT

Hi Beline. (Hi flouf?)
    Were you reporting flouf or are you flouf yourself?
    I'm gonna hand out my answer to your triple question in the chapter VOCABULARY which is the best fit for.
    See you there over?
    Maresah
  • The wreckage of the hot air balloon which ditched down the Pacific Ocean last funky Friday let me think of a popular song headlined "The Drunken Sailor".
    What's said of the drunken sailor could be said of the drunken pilot-in-command of the balloon. Unfortunately there is no audio device on this forum to enable me to sing the song.
    (adapted)
    <Hic> <Hic> What shall we do with the drunken Bruno? <Hic> Earlye in the morning. Hooray, and up he rises. Hi ho! Hi ho! Put him in the deck chair till he is sober. <Hic> <Hic>
    Pull out the plug and wet him all over. Hooray, and up. <Hic>
    Heave him by the leg in a running bowling. <Hic>
    ...Hi! Brian, Horatio, give me a hand... let's rock 'n' roll our drunken CEO.
  • I love your post Maresah!!!

Peace out!
    Willy (The Security Guard of the Delavigne Corp.)

From Maresah:
    The wreckage of the hot air balloon which ditched down the Pacific Ocean last funky Friday let me think of a popular song headlined &quot;The Drunken Sailor&quot;.
    What's said of the drunken sailor could be said of the drunken pilot-in-command of the balloon. Unfortunately there is no audio device on this forum to enable me to sing the song.
    (adapted)
    &lt;Hic&gt; &lt;Hic&gt; What shall we do with the drunken Bruno? &lt;Hic&gt; Earlye in the morning. Hooray, and up he rises. Hi ho! Hi ho! Put him in the deck chair till he is sober. &lt;Hic&gt; &lt;Hic&gt;
    Pull out the plug and wet him all over. Hooray, and up. &lt;Hic&gt;
    Heave him by the leg in a running bowling. &lt;Hic&gt;
    ...Hi! Brian, Horatio, give me a hand... let's rock 'n' roll our drunken CEO.

• From Mayor Frederick Flimshaw the fourth:
    As the mayor of San Francisco, I am a fan of democracy. Although I occasionally indulge in petty corruption such as bribe-taking and minor election tampering, I still believe in the basic principles of democracy, especially popular opinion, or as they say in latin, 'vox populi' (or is that in Greek? I never remember the difference). In any case, GymGlish, with its new Funky Friday format, has renewed my faith in democracy and politics. Well done, GymGlish. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to wire some illegal campaign contributions to a slush fund in Zurich.

Sincerely, Frederick Flimshaw IV
    Mayor of San Francisco

• Hey Willy, did you catch a glimpse through the port today?
    It was funny. It as funky. All mermaids through the foray.
    Horatio's falling into their tricky play.
    They are about to lead him astray.

Were Susie there, it would be all work and no play.

From Willy The Security Guard:
    I love your port Maresah!!!

Peace out!
    Willy (The Security Guard of the Delavigne Corp.)

• Last funky Friday shut August on its 31st.

A curtain raiser opened a wonderland to the balloonwrecked people.
    Mermaids all around lured them into a wonderland full of body massage, silky (*) strokes and sexual pleasure.
    Brian Jones, the feigned Don Quixote, quicker to verbal boasting than real fisticuffs, got so sissy as to start calling his boss for help:
    "Bruno (pitch up) ... no, ...no, ...no... (echoing through the forest),
    Bruno (middle tone) ...no, ...no, ...no...
    Can you hear me, Bruno-o-o-o-o-o (bleating like a sheep) ...o, ...o, ...o...

Do you know what's happening afterwards? Maybe a little bird told you?
    You might feel sorry for Icarus, the best loved character of the Delavigne, thinking that mermaids are nothing but a lure, having only a fishtail as a cunt. That's without counting on Horatio's great experience of the ways to pleasure. He knows the mermaids' menu will provide him with a lot af various exciting handservice and climatic sucking.
    ________
    (*) Coming to my mind, are you still alive, Silky?
    There has been a while since we heard of you.
  • The funkiest opportunity to access to the position of CEO of a big thriving company has occurred on this Friday 9/28.
    The CEO of the Delavigne Corporation who had been flying a balloon as being drunk and had crashed in a remote island somewhere amidst Pacific Ocean has now been spotted in a mermaids colony where he has gone mad after falling on his head.
    He’s lost his mind, suffers from every mental diseases that one could imagine.
    His position which has turned vacant is now eyed to by pretenders of all kind. The best ranked in the run are from the GymGlish customers because it goes without saying that the GymGlish company which has for long fueled billions of bucks into the Delavigne business will support his regular clients’ applications.

Until now two of us have already disclosed their views for wielding the power in the company. I’ll point out Yassine Elhakim Kalam, head manager of Delavigne’s Moroccan branch, Yvesd, French Canadian guy who said nurturing great hopes on that line. But we wouldn’t be surprised if other Molly, Polly’s friend, or hefty Jim Swashbuckler wouldn’t be in the running alongside with other applicants who shall remain nameless because of the confidentiality of the matter.

But there is a snag!
    According to the Peter Principle, every candidates should tend to rise to their level of incompetence. It’s in accordance to the Peter Principle that Bruno Delavigne once reached to the head of a fragrance company. Due to a previous crash (not a balloon but a car crash, if I’m not mistaken) he had come to suffer from asnomia, losing his sense of smell. But every cloud has a silver lining. Thanks to being disabled with his nose, he reached the highest position in a fragrance corporation.
    Should the high skills of our candidates in smelling all range of scents and odors make them miss the hiring?

Fortunately there is a remedy. Just look like smelling nothing. When taking the tests you’ll be subjected to by Luna, just pretend to be unable to make out the stink of a used toilet paper from the latest outstanding fragrance of Horatio’s concoctions.
    Be careful at not being tricked! Would you barge into Luna’s office with a smelling posy? You’d make a blunder. Carrying on like this, you’d be ousted at once and anyway it would come out worse in the end.
    To outdo all the competitors, you’d better show up as a friend of nature and display plans for opening new vistas to Delavigne going green. With such caring plans for the company, you’d come out smelling like a rose.
  • How did you catch the latest episode?
    For my part I fainted as the door of the jail opened. It was not a fug but a stink!
    As we learned this morning that Bruno escaped by dugging a tunnel, I suppose the stink came from Bruno's sweat.
    What's your view?
  • Hello internetland,

What did you all think of this month's Funky Friday? I found it highly amusing. That blubbering wreck of a man also known as 'Jones, Brian Jones' did rather grate, though.

I rather fancy a picnic next month: a fine British tradition. Cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off, strawberries and soya cream, flasks of tea, punting on the Thames after lunch.

Who's coming?

Please sign in to leave a comment.