The Delavigne Corporation

Funky Friday Feedback

In June of 2006, GymGlish launched 'Funky Friday', a new feature which allows your voice to be heard.

How does it work?

On the last Friday of every month, the same GymGlish lesson is sent to GymGlish users around the world. At the bottom of each lesson are multiple possibilities for the plot of the next Funky Friday lesson. The next lesson is then created by the authors at GymGlish based on the results of your votes.

Use this space to discuss Funky Friday, the results of each vote, the story, the choices, what's happened so far, and what could happen in the future!

PS: I think if my grandfather, Xavier Delavigne, were alive today, he would be more than 100 years old. Just kidding, but seriously I think he would like Funky Friday. Xavier was funky before it was cool to be funky. And Friday was his favorite day of the week. Enjoy!

62 comments - page 6

• Dear Hannah Benedict,
    Last week-end I predicted Brian would be hired by Crazy Gideon. Early Monday that was proving right. It just goes to show that I am not always off the mark.
    Gideon is not the real name of the crazy so-called farmer. “Gideon” is a Hebrew name of a judge appearing in the Bible, in the Book of Judges. Our man is a Shiite originated from Iran who came to Basra to settle a resistance team against the occupation forces. He took a false name in order to deceive the police, the Iraqi law enforcement officers and the British and US intelligence services. He chose Crazy as a first name as to be taken for a harmless simple bastard. He joined the camel convention in Damas with the determination to recruit people having lived in the US and having been blocked or dismissed by Americans, in order to rope them in to undergo a brainwashing program.
    Of course, dear Hannah, the whole story comes off my own realm of fancy and it could come proving false. And the laugh of Crazy Gideon might be as harmless as Horatio’s. (By the way did you ever hear Horatio laughing?)
    Yours faithfully,
    Gee

P-S. You, Hannah, who had the pleasure of being given a palindromic first name, who are fluently speaking so many languages going from German to British and American, you might be shocked by the mistakes my letter couldn’t miss. I can’t apologize enough.
  • WANTED (hey! data wanted! No man or woman is wanted!)

No doubt you voted. Many GGusers like me, being neither African-American nor GOP fanatic, voted last Tuesday at the bottom of their heart and enjoyed the result.

But what is at stake here is our vote of last Friday, one of the funkiest ever lived. We voted without exactly knowing why Jones, Brian Jones, had to undergo such a fate: being fired, his trip to Middle East and his Shiite connexion in Basrah.

First and foremost we must learn why Bruno Delavigne fired Brian whose position was pretended being taken over by a camel going by the name of Sheeba. As a matter of fact Sheeba is an all-girl spy ring, no camel in sight unless special ones. The reason of the firing was made public lately. Jones had been caught with a store card of Kelvin Krime in his wallet. Taken for a blatant betrayer of Delavigne, he was furthermore suspected of industrial espionage. It was fair to fire the spy.

Of course it was unfair to hire a Sheeba to replace him, Sheeba, the perfect symbol of espionage. But it’s none of our business as the Funky Friday yarn goes on with the character of Jones, Brian Jones. Let’s leave the issue of safety hazards run by the Delavigne Corp to Bruno himself.

The following episodes proved Brian had a liking for espionage. He rushed to Damas! As we know the hard relationships Syria keeps with the US, that’s an obvious clue showing Jones as a traitor. Besides, Jones attended in Damas the Camel Convention of the century! Unlike one-humped dromedaries which are straightforward with their one-size-fits-all policy, Bactrian camels of Damas have got two humps, they are double-minded, they play double-game, brief, they are genetically double agents. Furthermore they set up a spy ring whose standard bearer is Sheeba (short for “She baas and baffles everyone”). The Camel connection uses songs sung by all-girl-like-sirens to fool their prey. They draw on Camel fags to smoke people’s minds out. They use forged camel drivers (think of Gideon who is not more a camel driver than you and me, just hardly a goat keeper) to delude into brainwashing.

Now it’s about time to unmask Dr Loblaw.
    Some points which might be revealing clues:
    1. Crazy Gideon and Brian Jones slept in a single bed. > pillow talks are the best mean to unveil the unconscious, the Freudian “id” and the kill-wish.
    2. Rocks are linked to mails. > Gideon wanted the male features of Brian be on the rocks.
    3. Brian is brought to take a car for a pencil. > a pencil is as sharp as a knife. (brainwashing is working.)
    4. Brian attends the medical examination of Gideon. > Jones is undergoing a test, not Gideon who is a pretext.
    5. The only body manoeuver done by Loblaw during the exam was to test the queer feature of the patient. Loblaw watched closely Jones as he was touching Gideon at his ass. > Being a queer is an appropriate feature to become a suicide bomber.

We all
  • The GGusers union had put intelligence services in charge of shadowing Dr Loblaw. The first results of the tailing show Dr Loblaw is a big boss in a mental hospital in Basra.
    As I know we all are dreaming of the next funky Friday story about Loblaw, I think we could be interested in hearing the phone menu of that hospital. Here you are.

After a text said in Arabic, the recorded phone welcome message goes on so.

For English or American, press 0.

(after pressing 0)

Thank you for calling The Al Basrah Free Mental Hospital. Please select from the following options menu:

If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 REPEATEDLY.
    If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.
    If you have multiple personalities, press 3, 4, 5 and 6.
    If you are paranoid, we know who you are and what you want, stay on line so that we can trace your call.
    If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a celestial voice will tell you which number to press to become a hero.
    If you are manic-depressive, hang up. It doesn’t matter which number you press, nothing will make you happy anyway.
    If you are dyslexic, press 9-6-9-6.
    If you are bipolar, please leave a message after the beep, before the beep or after the beep. Please wait for the beep.
    If you have short-term memory loss, press 9. If you have short-term memory loss, press 9. If you have short-term memory loss, press 9.
    If you have low self-esteem, please hang up. Our operators are too busy to talk with you.
    If you are menopausal, put the gun down, hang up, turn on the fan, lie down and cry.
    If you are crazy, press 9-11. Dr Loblaw will make you fit for a training camp. You won’t be crazy for nothing.
    End of menu.
  • This Second Christmas Day was exceptional thanks to Brian playing to the piano and leading Horatio in a slow-swinging carol. I would congratulate the team for having so amusingly settled the challenge of Horatio's accent!
  • Are now Delavigne Corp. offices buzzing with a counting carol frenzy?

In latest F.F. Horatio had willy-nilly to sing a carol after the English Brian. That carol was counting the 12 days of Christmas, adding one at a time after going through every previous ones. Such structured song would be called in French "une comptine" as children are counting by singing. I'd like to call it a "counting carol". What do you think?
  • Let's sing along

Ten sis and bros
    Drinking in the bus
    If one drunk sis or bro
    Should get off with no fuss
    There'll be nine sis and bros
    Drinking in the bus
    And if one drunk ...

In the end
    No more bros and sisters in the coach
    On the spot
    No one to be welcomed by their coach
    (Bruno has decided to be their coach on this funky trip.)
  • Urgh. I still feel hungover now...
  • Oups! Not only you had a hangover, Hannah, but you hung over! What did you hang over? I trust you were hanging over cloud nine!

Anyway you came down among us to tell a word. You talked, therefore you are the one we love.

[CW]
  • Everything went bust today.
    Philip Cheeter got to cemetory or crematory. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. Just that at the crematory you have to wait for a while before passing.
    All the marvellous of the tale is away.
    Poor Philip, he hadn't the chance of being taken back as the Little Riding Hood's grandmother.
    Let me cry in my loneliness.
  • Have a free hug then!

Please sign in to leave a comment.