Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

The best roman

What do you think is the best roman you have ever read?

For me: Harry Potter
Harry Potter is the first roman I can read more than once. First I read it in my mother tongue: German. Now I read it in English and after that I think I will read it in French as soon as I can French good enough.

And you?

31 comments

• Dear Kathi,

for me the best roman I ever read is Dr. Faustus by (or from?) Thomas Mann in German. It mixed me up and changed my y view of life. I lived with the figures, above all with the little ill boy and Adrian Leverkühn, the main figure. I read it only once, but very intensively for months.
    The Harry Potter romans frighten me and I bought them for my turkish friends in turkish.
    (Correction wanted C.W.)
  • What do you think is the best roman you have ever read?

For me: Harry Potter
    Harry Potter is the first roman I can read more than once. First I read it in my mother tongue: German. Now I read it in English and after that I think I will read it in French as soon as I can French good enough.

And you?
  • hi samson..i really do like your request..it would be a plearsure for me^^..
    the novells that i'm keen to read them are,especially,Romantic,tragedic,criticl novells..
    i find these themes with 17,18,19th century's authors..like:Molière(l'avare),guy de Maupassant(Boule de suif)...
    if you don't like to read french,u may find their translation to other language..Good luck&i hope you'll enjoy them ^^.
  • Hi Gee..thx u for ur advice ^^
    My problem with reading books is that i don"t have too patience to wait for a long story..For this reason that i prefer reading magazines..But that don't means that i'm against Reading or s.th like that..
    i do enjoy reading & writting especially thougts & poems..
  • la symphonie pastorale*...sorry ^^
  • reading books is not really my cup of tea..i enjoy reading magazines..
    But..my favorite romans are : Le médecin malgré lui( Moliere) & la symphonie padtorale(andre gide).
  • Hello,

Unless you're discussing your favorite Ancient Italian person, in which case, mine is Julius Caesar, then you should re-title this thread 'The best novel'.

Good luck!

-Glenfidditch
  • Please Hera, could you give some more details about your favourite novels, I don't still know them but I'ld like to read them.
  • Hi héra, the Tunisian going by the name of Hiba,
    1° Note that I wrote Tunisian with a capital T.
    2° It's fitting that you read Glenfidditch MacGregor's tip released on this thread on July 16.
    Summer is the right time to read novels. Enjoy your reading matters.

Please sign in to leave a comment.