Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Vocabulary game

Hello!

I know how we can improve our vocabulary:
I write a word with an explanation what it means then another person write a new word that begins with the last letter of my word and so on...

English - a language which we learn at Gymglish and is spoken in England, America, Australia ...

104 comments - page 4

• earth - is the round thing and planet where we live on. The earth is revolved around by the moon and it revolve around the sun together with the other planets.
  • waste - when you use something too much although you don't have or need to and the thing you use is limited. e.g. money, when you buy things you don't really need.
  • ruthless:Having no compassion or pity; merciless
  • hurt:.
    1.To cause physical damage or pain to; injure.
    2. To cause mental or emotional suffering to; distress.
  • earn:to receive as return for effort and especially for work done or services rendered
  • suitcase: a usually rectangulare piece of luggage for carrying clothes and oder things while traveling
  • Nose: the part of the face and his function is smelling and breathing( it`s located middle of the face)
  • teacher: a person whose job is giving lessons to students, pupils, and helping them to learn.
  • ampersand : &
    the ampersand is more common in English that it is in other languages.
    How could a letter be signed?
    In French: Louis et Marianne
    The French wouldn't use their esperluette in such case.
    In German: Ulrich und Oktavia
    Germans keep their kaufmännishe Und for commercial fields.
    In Spanish: Javier y Paloma
    Spanish don't use el signo & to link two signatures.
    But in English, the ampersand is very common in many fields.
    Mr & Mrs Simpson
    Bob & Sylvia
  • era : A period of time as reckoned from a specific date serving as the basis of its chronological system (Answers.com quoted)
    The Christian era; the Communist era; coming up, the Chinese era.

Please sign in to leave a comment.