Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Vocabulary game

Hello!

I know how we can improve our vocabulary:
I write a word with an explanation what it means then another person write a new word that begins with the last letter of my word and so on...

English - a language which we learn at Gymglish and is spoken in England, America, Australia ...

104 comments - page 9

• the yawn:
    1.) act of yawning (to open the mouth wide and breathe in deeply trough it usually because you are tired or bored.
    2.) a boring event ("The meeting was one big yawn from start to finish")
  • receipt (not to confound with recipe and prescription):

a piece of paper that shows that goods or services have been paid for.
  • doodle (vb): to draw lines, shapes ...when you are bored or thinking about sth else
  • cold - when you're freezing an the temperature is very low
  • Narnia:
    a fictional land ruled by a magical lion who is a thinly-veiled surrogate for jesus. Also features magic and polar bears.
  • Narnia:
    a fictional land ruled by a magical lion who is a thinly-veiled surrogate for jesus. Also features magic and polar bears.
  • mistake of page, consider the previous word as a "chain breaker" and come back to "yesterday"
    to make the game more interesting and improving, try now compound nouns or phrases:

"y" - young blood = young people who have a lot of energy and ideas
  • take-away (take-out): a restaurant that cooks and sells food that you take away and eat somewhere else.
  • equator: an imaginary line around the earth at an equal distance from the North and South Poles.
  • angelic : looking like an angel.
    Narnia's rulers could not be angelic as they extol death against life, boys against girls, white people against black, and so on, and on, and on.

Please sign in to leave a comment.