English Vocabulary

weevil's people

What's that please?
It came from my last Gymglish lesson and seems to be a broadcast name.
In origin weevils are small insects that destroy crops.
What could "weevil's people stand for?

6 comments

• Here is what I have found on http://www.mallowville.com/stop_the_weevil_people.htm Stop the Weevil People

"It is time once again to vote on whether the Texas Bollweevil Eradication people have the right to poison the little bugger (bollweevil) whenever and wherever they find him. (Do not under any circumstance keep one as a pet… these pets can be VERY hazardous to your health.)"

Could it be people who live in Texas and who want to get rid of weevils by poisoning them?

I am only trying to guess...
  • Hello, fans.

Weevil's People is the name of one of my podcasts. I meet with and chat to different people, to find out what makes them tick. And don't even think about poisoning me.
  • Hi Silky,

nice to read your enquiries! Please go on joining the forum! It's so interesting!
    Okay: Firstly: weevil's people want to poisoning weevils?

Or secondly in comparison with citypeople, countrypeople, boatpeople, streetpeople: weevils form the community of weevil's people, they are all weevils and only destroy crops by hunger, they don't poison anybody, they are at the most poisoned.

From Silky:
    Here is what I have found on http://www.mallowville.com/stop_the_weevil_people.htm Stop the Weevil People

"It is time once again to vote on whether the Texas Bollweevil Eradication people have the right to poison the little bugger (bollweevil) whenever and wherever they find him. (Do not under any circumstance keep one as a pet… these pets can be VERY hazardous to your health.)"

Could it be people who live in Texas and who want to get rid of weevils by poisoning them?

I am only trying to guess...

• To Sigourney Weevil
    Are your podcasts on line? If so please hand out electronic addresses.
  • I'm afraid not, Gee. Oh, how I wish they were. But my stupid editor won't listen to reason.
  • Drop your stupid editor, Sigourney. There must be many publishers applying for that post.

Please sign in to leave a comment.