Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Speaker English - 'débutant'

Hello,

my name is Aurélie and I have a new job where I have to speak English (the most by email).
so, I search Friend to speak in English and to know new people.

See you later

Bye Bye

42 comments - page 3

• Many users of the GymGlish are complaining about the lack of practising a vocal talk. In my opinion, that's the only weak side in the method. I'd like to suggest how to make up for it.

Look at the popular saying:
    There is only one rule to become a good talker, learn how to listen.

How to do?
    As for me, I listen to short bits of the audiofiles and I say it myself just afterwards.
    As long as someone is a bit gifted as an imitator, they will soon speak as a native speaker.
    But no pain, no gain!
  • Hello By Gee
    My name is zazie. I would like to start again, after a long time without practice, learning English. I red your messages with Buchette. It's very interesting.
    As you say, the weak side of the Gymglish method is the lack of practising a vocal talk. Your method to listen to the audiofiles and after imitate the speaker is good, but there is no control.
  • Hello By Gee
    My name is zazie. I would like to start again, after a long time without practice, learning English. I red your messages with Buchette. It's very interesting.
    As you say, the weak side of the Gymglish method is the lack of practising a vocal talk. Your method to listen to the audiofiles and after imitate the speaker is good, but there is no control.
  • hy Aurelie !
    i am in the same situation as you; my job request to practice english, and the most of the time it's via email.
    my adrress : selwaz@menara.ma
    hope to hear soon from you.
    saly

From Willy The Security Guard:
    Hello,

my name is Aurélie and I have a new job where I have to speak English (the most by email).
    so, I search Friend to speak in English and to know new people.

See you later

Bye Bye

• good night, I try to meet english or even french people to improve my english. I know that I am a quiet timid person but I'm convinced that is the best way to progress. I'm living in Paris
  • from marie hello every body! my english is very poor but but i'am able to read and it's so nice to read your letters.Although being a grand mother I like learning and it's a real pleasure to receive the tests and corrections every day .I'am writing from PROVENCE (south France).you all are young peaple as I understand but I hope you that you will agree me as an old friend!
  • From Marie Mathieu:
    from marie hello every body! my english is very poor but but i'am able to read and it's so nice to read your letters.Although being a grand mother I like learning and it's a real pleasure to receive the tests and corrections every day .I'am writing from PROVENCE (south France).you all are young peaple as I understand but I hope you that you will agree me as an old friend!

Hello Provençal Marie!

In my opinion we should have written "'Because' I'm a grandmother" and not 'although', for it's said that it's easy to be wise after the events.

Because you are a grandmother, you are ambitious.
    Because you live in Provence, you have a prophetic fate along the Delavigne perfumes company. Your dream is to stand in for Horatio as he is off for vacation. Don't you live in Grasse?

You address everybody as 'young people'.
    As for me, being an angel, I'm neither young nor old.
    But I have my ways, I can assure you that there are more than one elder than you attending the Gymglish daily workout.
    Anyway you are playing the young trending girl with your groovy writing often avoiding any capital letter, save for your country.
    Tell us more, Marie.
  • i'm so glad to meet you! i think that it's difficult to learn when you live in land or in town where we speak french always! i job with english men and i received email in english! i want to share my view with someone in english every time!
    bye!
  • i'm pharmacist and i work in health public organization ! i want to speak very well english because i want to work in all countries! my email adress: genevieveallye@yahoo.fr! i wait your messengers! i like chasing with people! i like all subjects about youth, love in family, music, health and GOD!
  • Good day, briege.
    May I be so bold as to address you this way: Hello Geneviève!

Very nice to give us your e-mail address. I'm going to write you right away and suggest we talk on Skype.

OK for chasing with you the topics you listed.

1. Youth.
    I've just read in a quotations book this one by Benjamin Disraeli:
    Youth is a blunder, manhood is a struggle and old age a regret.
    (http://www.quotationsbook.com/author/2055/)
    Tell me, are you really blundering (= making mistake)as you are "jobbing with English men"? I presume you aren't. If so, be sure to mend Disralei's way.

2. Love in family.
    That's a awkward issue.
    Love is often regarded as a good feature. The Bible says 'Love your neighbour as yourself'. If you don't love yourself as you are and you'd like to be different, you should also wish your neighbour be different.
    And the family? What a complex structure being both biologically and culturally conditioned!

3. Music.
    You seem to be a music lover. What kind of music are fond of?
    As for me I prefer jazz to pop, I prefer Berio, Gorecki or Webern to Mozart or Beethoven.
    Do you play any instrument? Do you sing at work?
    Do you think English songs are good stuff for learning English as it's often practised? I don't think so.

4. Health.
    Is that topic related to your practice as a pharmacist?
    What's all the rage by now is that physical training doesn't only build muscles, doesn't only help prevent heart diseases, but also boosts brainpower and is useful in the battle against Alzheimer's. Physical activiy affects our moods. In last week's issue of Newsweek, a certain Miller, M.D., says that exercise is a state of mind. And sweat could be the hot antidepressant.
    Of course your drugs will always be a great weapon for health.

5. And god?
    The sole topic that deserved capital letters in your bill!
    According to André Comte-Sponville every human being facing the question of god is necesserily an agnostic. In my opinion it's true as long as the knowledge (Greek rad. gnoseis) is a rational one. But there are agnostics who believe in a god and other ones (including me) who believe god is a myth, they are called atheists.
    For those who think that a god exist, is it better to be a believer or to have the faith? According to someone I read once upon a time, it's better to have the faith because the faith is your own certainty as the belief has been received from someone else.

Read you any time soon?
    Gee

Please sign in to leave a comment.