English Grammar

is rising / has been rising : Pupil's contest !

Hi Gymglish friends,
This time, I'm starting a student contest -50 years late ...
I do not agree with : These days, the cost of living in San Francisco has been rising (Rejected) is rising (Teacher's injonction).
Even if I know that Frenchies (like Jean) have big problems with the "appropriate tenses", I think that is rising is not subtle enough. On such a matter as Economics, Who could be sure that things are going on as they had, till the minute before.
I come to think that Gymglish staff is responsible, at least for a part, in the present Economics collapse.
No, Sirs, you shouldn't be as self-confident.
The future is Nobody's but the Lord
Amen
Cordialement

4 comments

• Euh, I meant
    No Sirs, you shouldn't be SO confident.
    And I'm afraid there are many more mistakes in this try to make a Nonsense "pamphlet"
  • Hi Gymglish friends,
    This time, I'm starting a student contest -50 years late ...
    I do not agree with : These days, the cost of living in San Francisco has been rising (Rejected) is rising (Teacher's injonction).
    Even if I know that Frenchies (like Jean) have big problems with the "appropriate tenses", I think that is rising is not subtle enough. On such a matter as Economics, Who could be sure that things are going on as they had, till the minute before.
    I come to think that Gymglish staff is responsible, at least for a part, in the present Economics collapse.
    No, Sirs, you shouldn't be as self-confident.
    The future is Nobody's but the Lord
    Amen
    Cordialement
  • I am flabbergasted and I bow to your impressive teaching by means of quotes.
    Congratulations.
  • The cost of living has been rising lately in SF.
    Since the cost of living is still rising THESE DAYS in SF.

Like you I wouldn't be sure that things ARE going on as they WERE till the minute before.

I appreciate a lot your squib as far as it is humorous.
    I just disagree with your saying for I for one think that the future is everybody's - as long as they want it.

Please sign in to leave a comment.